Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

Hi All, ๐Ÿ˜€
    This is a tattoo done by an artist named Paul Rodney. He works out of his studio somewhaere in States, (yes I know nice and vague, but im not sure where) called blazincolors http://www.blazincolors.com I have seen stax of his work on ratemyink.com and all of them are as brilliant in execution and color as this one
    Is it possible to have color like this after it has healed? and if so does anyone have a clue as to what ink he would use? I have a dragon that needs some serious reworking on my back and would love to get something as bright as this done, but obviously need to know if it is possible or is it photoshopped?? I am a HUGE fan of his work. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ
    Any and all input will be very much appreciated, waiting with bated breath to see what you have to say Mathew :p
    Have a good one……..Laters

X

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

i see the pic didnt come out, just the ratemyink ad again, so lets try this again shall we, these I got straight from his website.
    Enjoy ๐Ÿ˜€
    brunette_jpg1.jpg
    johnback%20tophy.jpg

zayne
    Participant
    @zayne

The colors are great in my openion, looks like some pretty good work, From a fan of the tattooing art standpoint, rather than an artists standpoint, i think they’re great…. i just don’t have any tattooing experience to give any other point of view. But i do draw alot, and even as drawings these would be impressive peices.

Good work.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’ve got some pretty colourful ink, and the colours stayed in it perfectly as it healed, so yes, it’s possible. I have no idea what brand of ink the artist used though.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

My advice is ring up or email and ask, That said if you live in the states and could fly/drive to the artist looking at their work it would be worth the trip!

Take care
    Matthew

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

I’d love to go and see him, and have a piece done by him, but i Live in South Africa, not olnly very very very far away, air fare and all that, but the americans are giving all sorts of shite with regards to the visa’s…………………so states not on the agenda any time soon
    woe is me
    lol

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Kim

Sorry to hear about the visa issues and yep S Africa is some distance to fly from.

I did try to ring and ask them but no answer ๐Ÿ™

That said I did some digging for you…

I have been looking at some research for my book on what is the ‘best’ inks to use. Obviously I am not an expert and my opinion is solely mine, but I have based this on tracing the ink sources of a couple of hundred tattoos by 7 artists.

I have narrowed the possibilities down to 3 – each one is good and some have brighter pigments in one colour than another.

Looking at the website I think it is either a mix or single use of the 3 main.

I have sent you a PM on these as I do not want to break the unlicensed tattoo discussion and just to say i am not promoting, guaranteeing, or endorsing these products it is purely an opinion based on what i have seen and not scientifically founded yada yada ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take Care
    Matthew

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

they is a artist here in nottingham doing a style quite a bit like that , i love it to look at but its not for me personally .
    My bf thou wants a sleeve done that style ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Hey butterfly, just noticed you say you come from Notts! Where abouts? I’m in Leics! Used to live in Notts though. The studio you’re on about isn’t Rampant Ink by any chance is it??

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

yes it is , they do alot of that style .
    At the moment im living on the outskirts of nottingham because its a better area for my son
    but when im in nottingham its self its canal side ..

where was you in notts ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.