tattooedgirl08
    Participant
    @tattooedgirl08

hi!! i’m new here..ive got 14 floral tatts on my body and i’m so proud of them coz my bf is my tattoo artist..jz want to ask if it’s true that if you have a name tattoo of your bf or gf you won’t end up w/ him or her?? i mean, your relationship won’t last?? plz give me some of your opinions..any answer will be gladly appreciated..thanks..:)

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi

Well the actuall tattooing of the name does not better or curse a relationship – it is just ink.
    Life and emotions change a relationship or strengthen it.

My advice is do not get names of a loved one tattooed just in case you do break up – there is nothing worse than meeting somebody new and carrying the name on your body of an ex-lover.

That said I do have a portrait of my wife on my arm (we have been together 10 years) but if I broke up and got divorced ppl may just think I got a feminine tattoo style done. They would have to ask what it meant rathet than just read it. My more perosnal tattoo on my leg is a text based one so again it is personal to me.

If you have plenty of work done by your b/f already I woudl say that is reminder enough and a name is not necessary.

Just my thoughts though.

Take care
    Matthew

DropDeadDani
    Participant
    @dropdeaddani

me and my fiance have been together for nearly 2 years now and we think its bad luck to have any names (relationship wise) on our bodys. at the end of the day you never know if you if you are going to be with this person for the rest of your life, even if you think you are. there is this person at my fiances work who has around 20 girls names on his arm from previous relationships and he has had to cover them in black ink, it looks a mess and has really ruined the arm very badly, so in my wise words i wont say no to names.
    me and my fiance have kinda memorial tattoos on us, im getting a rose with a padlock in the middle for my last session on my lower arm sleeve and my fiance is having the key to the padlock that only me, james and the tattooist (obvs) only knows where it is on his body.

tattooedgirl08
    Participant
    @tattooedgirl08

thanks for your opinion..i really appreciate it..have a nice day..:)

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo

I dont think it’s a good idea to have names inked onto you, unless it is a tribute tatt, or a close family member. saying that there are lots of ways that you can comemorate your relationship without inking his name on you. Take something he likes, or something that reminds you of him and get that inked. my husband is a sailor, as was my dad, so I will be getting a sailor type swallow for each of them.

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I once saw a tattoo I thought was pretty cool and funny. A guy had his ex’s name tattooed in a heart outline on his chest, and he had broken up with his girl, so he covered it with a tattoo that looks like someone had stamped ‘VOID’ over it :rolleyes:

Kimbo
    Participant
    @kimbo
    Joker1;38557 wrote:
    I once saw a tattoo I thought was pretty cool and funny. A guy had his ex’s name tattooed in a heart outline on his chest, and he had broken up with his girl, so he covered it with a tattoo that looks like someone had stamped ‘VOID’ over it :rolleyes:

iv seen a similar one, but it says uhmmmmmm……. X cunt X like a big black void stamp LOL
    talk about bitter!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.