Erxi Kusanagi
    @

So i’ve been wondering (and trying to figure out) for a while, how all the images and spacing of irezumi (full body japanese tattoos) are decided? I’ve been fascinated with irezumi since I was a little kid, and am starting to look at getting it done, but like as mentioned, I have no idea what or how to select everything to be in the piece.

bikgc
    Participant
    @bikgc

Hey, I myself have been studying Japanese tattoo for a while and have been tattooed in the style of tebori by Horiken of Yokohama. Usually when a traditional Japanese tattoo is done it goes by the seasons. In Japan, most tattoos are organized a certain way, a way that many westerners do not know of. For example they would not have a Koi fish with a Serpent because the Japanese see the Snake as a negative or evil being in there folklore. Ive collected a lot of book by Horitaka over the past few years he is the American Apprentice of Horiyoshi III. Check out Jill Bonny AKA Horiyuki and Horitomo at State of Grace tattoo in San Jose, there some of the only true Japanese tattoo artist in America. I’d be happy to answer any questions you have?

Joker1
    Participant
    @joker1

I’m not a big fan of japanese tattooing, but this sounds quite interesting

negoblle
    Participant
    @negoblle

I’ve been trying for a while now to find where/how u can contact tebori tattoo artist & what it takes to get a session w/ one, could u point me in the right direction?

richiex
    Participant
    @richiex

Man, that’s some plan to have!!
    How long would it take to get a full body done!??
    I love Japanese tattoos.
    Do a Google images search and you’ll probably get a few images.

Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.