Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Just posting the pic of my new cherub. Still peeling so looks pretty shitty! I know it’s not perfect but I like it! Think more flourishy detail will be added at a later date above it to bring it closer to the other two and I know I’ve said no tattoos for a while but the big gap at the bottom is already tempting me (not to mention the naked other side of my arm!) so we’ll see about that! (for anyone that doesn’t know about the writing above it – the lines are wonky etc. because it’s a copy of a note from my mum, meant to be like that!). Excuse the grainy pics anyway, oh and I will be getting the shading touched up I think, particularly on the bottom, bit fussy about the way it’s blended at the moment. Oh and by the way that’s a bit of skin peeling off (yum!) by his right eye that I didn’t notice when the pic was being taken – not just a random white eye!
    What do you think I should call him?

armh.jpg

cherubarm.jpg

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Oh yeah that’s another thing – I noticed that he’s forgotten to put the second wing in (this was the original pic – http://www.watton.org/clipart/cherubs/cherub103.gif) – do you think I ought to get that bit done too?

And you know on the bit of the lower leg where the lines don’t join up – do you think that looks okay (I think it’s what my artist meant to do) or do you think I should get them connected?

Viking445
    Participant
    @viking445

LOVE the hand written message. gives it a very nice touch.

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Azure

Very nice tattoo and will look great when it has healed.

Personally get the leg connected – ink is slightly different to pencil drawings so I think a full connection will look better.

Glad you got the hand sorted out he don’t look so weired now that he has full fingers. ๐Ÿ˜‰

A touch mnore shading at the bottom wouldn’t hurt although wait and see how it heals it might look much better (like you I am a mad perfectionist).

The single wing actually looks fine based on the positioning – if you add a part of a second it may make it looked cramped or blur in later years – I would leave it at a singular wing. (But again individual tastes).

That is some great ink on a very hard drawing.

Take Care
    Matthew

PS I Cannot understand how you are struggling for a name?? Call it after me! My name translates from hebrew as ‘Gift from God’. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

i love it, such a beautiful meaning tattoo

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.