Parish
    @

I am curious to learn about magnum shaders, I wish to discuss what they are good for, and what they are bad for. So far i have only used 3rls 5rls and 11rs. I have been learning to tattoo for just over a month and I am eager to learn so any relative information and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

P.L.C.

Four29
    Participant
    @four29

Mags are good for shading, and filling, and covers more ground than round shaders. You’ll get more of an even gradient when shading with a mag when you “whip”. I don’t recommend using circular motions when trying to get a nice gradient from dark to light cause you tend to leave what some may call “chew marks”. When trying to get a nice gradient from dark to light, start from the base of the dark area, and whip out towards the area you want to to lighten up. The best way to describe whipping, is having the needle angle, and go in a straight line, starting deep from the base (dark area) then ease up on the needle depth till you come out of the skin (light area). Speed will affect the change in tone, so practice…Hope this helps, and not confuses you!;)

Thaimor
    @

What motion is best to use for filling then? lets say i want to fill a tribal with the mag needle.

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Four29 good advice, but im sorry i have to but in once again and remind all that we dont allow unlicensed tattoo discussions, or teach people techniques, i wish we did, but we dont, pm me for some sites for learning more than happy to help:D

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.