DanTheMan
    Participant
    @dantheman

Needed to ask a tattoo related question and found this forum. Decided that I probably should contribute to this section so here is the first tattoo that I got done. What do you think?

tattoo_mike2.jpg

tattoo_mike3.jpg

tattoo_mike1.jpg

Mike

aquaned
    Participant
    @aquaned

Very cool! And really beautiful. I’m going to have to study it for a while to get all of the nuance. What can you tell us about the design.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

I love that concept!!

Did you do the work or is it on you?

DanTheMan
    Participant
    @dantheman

I pretty much came up with the design myself. I found the pictures that I liked and the artist did a really good job putting it all together. Took him a long time to draw it up but you can see that he spent the time getting it just right – especially the arm was tricky because it was hard getting the picture to fit without vital parts getting “stuck” in the blank spaces.

@Scrubmuncher

It’s on me… Unfortunately the only thing I can draw is matchstick men (badly!)

Mike

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Love it, awesome piece

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Wow lovely, you should be very proud.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher
    DanTheMan;33354 wrote:

@Scrubmuncher

It’s on me… Unfortunately the only thing I can draw is matchstick men (badly!)

Mike

Be very proud my friend, for once someone has posted something that makes my eyebrows rise.
    Beautiful Dude!!!!!!!!!:cool:

alexgruve87
    Participant
    @alexgruve87

The detail is really good. And I like that its black and gray.

Azure
    Participant
    @azure

Absolutely exceptional – not seen something as impressive as that in a long time!

meangirlintx
    Participant
    @meangirlintx

that looks great!

ajon2000
    Participant
    @ajon2000

wow that looks ridiculously cool

DanTheMan
    Participant
    @dantheman

Thanks for all the comments. Much appreciated.

I might need some help with my next tat. I really think that the best tattoos are made when the client has an original (but well considered) idea that the artist can work with but I really need some inputs to this one.

My next tat is going to be on the left part of my back (size can vary but it is going to be a pretty large piece). I thought about building it up over Matthew 10:16: “Behold, I sent you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves”.

First part of the quote (“Behold as I send you forth”) will be in the top of the tattoo (all the way up at the shoulder going in under the neck). The last part of the quite (“as sheep in the midst of wolves”) will be placed under the tattoo.

For the rest of the tattoo I am quite sure that I want some creepy looking men lurking in the foreground (maybe only one creepy looking man that you can see from the waist up in the bottom (foreground) of the tattoo). In the top (background) I am considering a sign of innocence. It could be a couple of small children, weak old people or even sheep (although I am not to happy with the sheep idea).

Any thoughts?

The thing I have the hardest time figuring out is the setting. First I was considering a field with high grass at dusk or nighttime but then again I am not all that crazy about it because I think it will lack some details and might become a bit… well… boring.

So any ideas about the setting will be very highly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike

Sherav
    Participant
    @sherav

Hi Mike

First tat was beautiful! That is inkwork to be proud of.

With regards to Matthew 10:16 he is referring to when Yeshua was to send his disciples out to spread the word of his coming. He was warning of the need to have wisdom as people may betray them to those opposed to the Messach. The punishment was stoning or flogging to death for heresy in Mosaic law.

This brings me onto my suggestions;

The single man could be holding a coiled whip in his hands (a sign of punishment to come) or is it is men one with a whip and another with a heavy rock in their hands.

One of the places they visited on their travels was what is now Arava Valley – where they would have had to pass salt mines (hence the quote I intend to defeat my enemies in the Valley of Salt). This is a salt plain with a series of caves (I picture them as gaping mouths).

Alternatively you could set the piece in a grove of trees or a graveyard.

Innocence in hebrew lore is depicted as a child and mother, both cloaked in humilty – have the mother holding the child in a shawl. Perhaps a dove resting on a branch or tombstone nearby or even a dead and bloodied dove that represents the end of innocence.

Anyhow just ideas
    Take Care
    Matthew

Izarrasink
    Participant
    @izarrasink

Mathew you are just a wealth of information, i really dont think others are needed on the forum lol;)

DanTheMan
    Participant
    @dantheman

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for the inputs – really good stuff!

I really like the idea with the whip which I will definitely use.

The mother and child also sounds really solid. I think it will work best if they are walking (towards the forefront) or perhaps standing still (taking a break). I can’t figure out if the graveyard is to much of a “set up” (to much symbolism in one piece) for this tattoo but I like the idea with the grove of trees.

Since I feel confident that the setting is all I need then I should have enough to take it to the artist and let him get his inputs into it.

If anyone else has an idea then please write.

Thanks again,
    Mike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.