okioni
    Participant
    @okioni

Here’s a pic after returning from the 2nd session. The plan is to use sparse color and have it mostly black and gray. What do you think?

misskandi
    Participant
    @misskandi

Wow! That’s going to be one seriously intense piece of artwork upon completion. I really like the look of it so far, and your future plans for the color and shading intrigue me. Also, your ass appears to be very firm. Kudos.

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Thats gonna look sick as mate when thats done! Be great to see your progress shots of this.

okioni
    Participant
    @okioni

thanks guys. I have another session on the 17th. I’m hoping to go twice in Sep and twice in Oct. Can’t wait for it to be finished. When I had originally asked the artist to draw something for me I told him to start at the shoulder and end at my belt. You can see that he didn’t listen. hah. He’s got great ideas though so I’m letting him run with it.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Dear god, that looks like massive pain. I have the one on my ribs… anymore than that and I think I’d die!! Looks great. Definitely stay with gray and black unless you wanted to add one more accent color. Old school black and gray is great. Nice ass by the way!! Hehe

okioni
    Participant
    @okioni

Not alot of pain. I’ve heard that the ribs are more painful. Haven’t gotten to the shading yet so maybe that will be rough. Here’s what I got done on the the third sitting. Demure, what did you have in mind for an accent color? Anyone have any ideas for the pearl? Maybe a design in it?

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Well… I’ve always heard line work is more painful than shading, so you’re in luck there. It’s just that shading takes longer. I like the idea of adding one pigment for accenting. I will be accenting my gray and black piece with pink. You could accent your’s with red or green. I couldn’t see the pearl… am I missing it? Is it up on your shoulder? Anyway, I wouldn’t do too much with it besides a glint that makes it shine. It would look too busy and you don’t want it to take away from your dragon. What were you thinking..?

okioni
    Participant
    @okioni

Here’s what I’ve had done on the 4th and 5th sittings. The shading is alot more painful then the line work. The pearl is near the right shoulder. I like the idea of adding some green. Any other ideas?

X-pressive
    Participant
    @x-pressive

Looking bloody awsome now. Really starting to take some form. I honestly think Black & Grey, Blues, greens, and reds would look great. Alot of people seem to go for the greens in dragons. Too popular i think?
    Blue body with green highlights in the horns, feet etc.
    Just a thought bud? Good luck with it mate! 😎

Indiechic
    Participant
    @indiechic

Wow thatis fantastic. bet you can’t wait to have it finished x

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

nice cheeks lol

tattoo’s not bad either 😀

okioni
    Participant
    @okioni

Here’s 5 days after the 6th session. It’s starting to peel pretty good. Hope that he can finish in only 3 more. Thanks for all the great comments guys. The last session was pretty rough. It came pretty close to the 5th session and my skin was starting to feel pretty beat up. It was the first time that I actually blead. I have a good 10 day break before more ink though. Thanks for the replies.

Demure
    Participant
    @demure

Give your skin some time to breathe. If you stress it out too much it can start to reject the ink.

It’s looking great! After it’s been all said and done you’ll definitely know it was worth it.

midjam
    Participant
    @midjam

wow that must be very expensive!!!

okioni
    Participant
    @okioni

It’s been 10 days or so and the old skin’s starting to feel like new. I have another appointment this coming Sat. Can’t wait to get another session done.
    It has been a little expensive but certainly worth it. I never dreamed it would be 10 sessions though. I imagined it would be more like 7 or 8. I’ll post pics after the next session.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.