bosco0633
    Participant
    @bosco0633

Ok because you asked for it, I will show you now, it is not healed yet and I need one more sitting. In this picture the green has not come out in the beards yet and the part of the koi that goes under the windbar is not finished. But without delay my second sitting.

I am very pleased but it still needs some work. Im glad that I extended it and added more japanese background. the back of my arm is a japanese lantern with the kanji symbol for family. This tattoo is going to be good once completed.

IMG_0417.jpg
    IMG_0420.jpg
    IMG_0418.jpg
    IMG_0419.jpg

bosco0633
    Participant
    @bosco0633

should actually say second sitting in the title but I cant find the modify button what the heck, maybe I dont have that prmission with my account yet

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

looks great i dig the design a lot , where did you get it done ?

bosco0633
    Participant
    @bosco0633

I hope that the lack of replys is not an indicator of what you all think of my piece. Oh God you hate it!!:eek:

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

great looking tat dude

i really like it now it has some more colour in.

you said the green on the beard hasnt come through yet. when was it done? how long until you think it will be healed so we can see it properly?

ms mel
    Participant
    @ms-mel

nice tat dude nice and colourful… nice loo roll too lol

bosco0633
    Participant
    @bosco0633

im just starting to lose the scab and will take better pictures soon. The beards look so sick now that the green has popped out. This tattoo is looking better everyday.

tattoowho
    Participant
    @tattoowho

nice tattoo.

turbosatan
    Keymaster
    @turbosatan

lets see some updated pics then. i wanna see hwo the green looks now its come through.

Butterfly
    Participant
    @butterfly-2

id like to see the green too :rolleyes:

Jeri
    Participant
    @jeri

This is beautiful! What inspired you to get a dragon koi?If you don’t mind me asking, I am quite curious how you choose the image of such symbolic nature?

bosco0633
    Participant
    @bosco0633

its funny, you are the first person to ask me.

So here it is. I love japanese tattoos out of all the different styles. I wanted a tattoo that symbolized my life and family. I have always loved the koi and the legend behind it. I am very close to my family and have always tried to be like my father as he is such a wonderful person.

I wanted the tattoo to symbolize my journey of life, becoming a man and working to be like my father. So as the legend goes the koi transforms into a dragon, and eventually the spirit becomes a samurai. The dragon koi symbolizes my journey in life, my strengths and the dragon the protector. I feel at this point in life this koi dragon best symbolizes me at this time. I work hard daily to become a better person, a better worker, a better father most importantly so that one day, my kids look at me the same way as I look at my dad.

There are also four red cherry blossoms on the tattoo. They represent myself, my wife, and my two kids. As for the back of my arm, the lantern symbolizes life, and the kanji symbol stands for family tribe. I have the rope broken off blowing in the clowds, showing the complexity of life and family.

I dont know man, never really verbalized this to anyone, hope you understand. Bottom line was that I really wanted the koi to represent me as a person and a father. I felt that at this stage of my life, the koi shows all the hard work that I have applied to life and family. the dragon half was the protector of the family, and the transitiion shows that I am still growing as a person and a father, inspiring to be like my father the samurai.

Wow! sorry for the ramble

Kruk
    Participant
    @kruk

Awsome !
    It would be nice to get a samurai eventually on the other arm.

Jeri
    Participant
    @jeri

Awesome explanation, thank you so much for taking the time, and also your openness to afford us a peek into a bit of your life.

I am exploring the symbolism and reasoning behind someone’s choice of tattoos, and this has got to be one of the most coherent ones I have come across. This really gets me thinking…

Hope we’ll see an update of the progress. Thanks again! 🙂

bosco0633
    Participant
    @bosco0633

thinking about what. I appreciate the comment by the way

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.