Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

Here’s a few shots of mine:

The first one I got was a dolphin on my ankle. I have since had it fixed up with adding waves and cherry blossoms:

dolphintattoopics003-1.jpg

My second tattoo as a black cat on my lower back. It was poorly done and the scarred. I am currently in the process of a cover up. Here’s the work in progress so far:

colorcat1cropped-1.jpg

My third tattoo was the chinese symbol for wolf on my right arm. I have since added two starry wolves playfully nuzzling each other The symbol has since been darkened to match the wolves too:

100_2605.jpg

My 4th tattoo was celtic knot angel wings and my daughter’s name on my left arm. When we have a second child the other name will go below the wings:

100_2418-1.jpg

rebkaa
    Participant
    @rebkaa

Those are some awesome tattoos! If you don’t mind me asking… How old are you?

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

I don’t mind 🙂
    I’ll be 30 on 3/25.
    I got my first Tat at 19.

rebkaa
    Participant
    @rebkaa

Thats awesome! I’m only 16 and I only have one tattoo so as you can probably guess I have lots of questions…

Do you put your tattoos where ever you want or do you consider where they will be easiest to hide and such. Just wondering because that seems to be my moms biggest problem with my tattoo ideas so far…

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

@rebkaa 21059 wrote:

Thats awesome! I’m only 16 and I only have one tattoo so as you can probably guess I have lots of questions…

Do you put your tattoos where ever you want or do you consider where they will be easiest to hide and such. Just wondering because that seems to be my moms biggest problem with my tattoo ideas so far…

Well I like people seeing mine but I also work full time. My work environment is pretty creative and relaxed but there’s still a fine line you don’t want to push too hard. All of my tattoo’s can be covered up if i desire. The locations on my arms are low enough if I wear a short sleeve they can peek out from below or cover up. The ankle one is easy as I just wear jeans and the back of course is covered as well. I’m not ashamed of any of my art but I realize I might one day work for a company that isn’t so understanding.

A good example is, I’d never get a tattoo on my neck. Unless you really like wearing turtlenecks year round..
    Most people like my ink but I do get the occasional weird look from a stranger. Especially when I am out with my toddler sporting a tanktop. I guess some folks out there think because I have some ink I’m not a good mom? I don’t know. It’s stupid but you do get some people who stereotype.

It’s strange because I have seen the popularity in tattoo’s rise since my first one. Now people from all walks of life are going in for various reasons.I think shows like Miami Ink and LA Ink help too. Tattoo’s are no longer just for the wild child or bikers.

My best advice is to really spend the time thinking about what you want and why. All of my tattoo’s I thought over for at least 1 to 2 years before i get it done. I found the design I wanted for my daughters name and celtic knot angel wings when she was 6 months old. I then printed the design up and just had it out. I just had it done this August and my daughter is almost 3 now. Each tattoo is a reminder or marker for something significant in my life. None of them are done on a drunken whim and I have never regretted any of them. Granted I wish one of them had turned out better bu i am currently getting it fixed.

So as a fellow Mom, your mom’s concerns are valid. As you get older you will want to be sure you won’t miss out on a great job opportunity etc because of a tattoo you couldn’t cover up. On the flip side depending on what industry you end up in, it might be okay too.
    Just make sure what you want is something that has meaning and you will still love 20 years down the road and you’ll be fine.
    (Hope that didn’t sound too preachy) I can imagine i’ll be having this same conversation with my daughter in 15 years! LoL!

rebkaa
    Participant
    @rebkaa

Thanks for your opinions. 🙂 I got mine on the back of my neck at the start of the school year and many of my class mates don’t know I have it because I have long hair so you can’t see it. I was thinking of a wrist tattoo but my mom put her foot down because she thinks I won’t be able to get a good job because it would be so hard to hide. I understand her reasoning which is why I have decided to just put that one on the back burner. But I know I still want another one sometime. I’ve been told that getting one on my leg would be a good idea because its easy to hide. I’m just not sure I would want one on my leg. I know of a friends mother and sister who both have small tattoos in their ears. I’ve been kinda looking at these online and I’ve read both good and bad things about having them there. I think I would be able to hide them pretty well with my hair but it is also so close to my face that I’m not sure if that would hurt my chances at getting a job. I’ve also read that sometimes the tattoo spreads and turns into a ‘blob’ of color and thats the very last thing I want! I want to be a writer so ideally it wouldn’t matter how many tattoos I got or where they were but I’m just 16 so I know that might not work out and I don’t want to mess up any other chances I might have to get a good job.

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

K so just finished another 3 1/2 session today.
    the good news all i will have left now is about 3 hours and then we’re done!
    man my back is sore… sorry for the goey look to the pic. I literally go tit done and had the hubby snap a pic.
    enjoy!

catphase2002.jpg

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

That cat is great, very cute and the fence has been done very well. Not my kinda thing but I like to see them on others.
    Nice!

Tinauk
    Participant
    @tinauk

They look really cool! 🙂

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

Here’s a better pic that isn’t as goey 😛

catphase3004.jpg

TargetTattoo
    Participant
    @targettattoo

Those are awesome. Nice to see another american on the forum, I thought everyone here was from the UK.

My husband is a huge fan of wolves. too. He has wolf prints on his leg with tribal designs around them.

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

@TargetTattoo 22957 wrote:

Those are awesome. Nice to see another american on the forum, I thought everyone here was from the UK.

My husband is a huge fan of wolves. too. He has wolf prints on his leg with tribal designs around them.

Cool whereabouts are you from?
    You’ll have to post some of the wolves pics!

disneydiva
    Participant
    @disneydiva

i love your cat tattoo it is well smart where abouts on your body is it.

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

It’s located on my lower back.

Wolfie Girl
    Participant
    @wolfie-girl

Well looks like i’ll be waiting until October or November to finish the cat piece!
    I’m pregnant! I stopped by the tattoo shop today and chatted with my artist Danny. We were laughing about the good and bad news 🙂
    The good news is after the baby i’ll have 3 projects for him! I’ll finish the cat, add the second name to my left arm and then I decided on a new one I want for my wrist. So for now i won’t have any updated pics i’ll just be lurking and posting…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.