richy
    @

Hi,
    I got this ace tattoo when i was 18. I was very brigh for an 18 year old and went to the tattoo shop in Belfast and picked a tattoo off the wall. No planning or nuthin’.

16 years later i still regret it! It wasn’t done correctly the first time and the red came out as a blotchy mess, looked like a rash rather than a red fill. Went back and he re-rashed it for free, it now looks like a rash that needs some serious cream. Anyway, i’d like it covered and the guy at Ink Castle in Belfast reckons it’ll be real hard to cover especially with the large black area’s. (BTW: Ink Castle didn’t do the poor job on it originally, and they did others later which i really like)

I’d ideally like a tribal tattoo or a sun to cover it, but i thought a grim reaper with the scythe held at waist height and lots of solid blacks would be a better fit. The problem would be the skull area being white. My missus doesn’t like the idea of a reaper, so a cartoon type one would be better, or any other design you guys think would work?

I am willing to get the names and chinese symbol covered as well if need be, if tribal i’d even go up to the shoulder with it, although i have scarring there and i dunno how well tatttoo’s look over scars?

Anyway, here’s the magnificent tatt:
    tattoo.jpg

P.S.: Oh and the names are the wife and the two kids, not my list of girlfriends LOL

Cheers,
    Richy…

sharp shorty
    Participant
    @sharp-shorty

Well Richy, first I would like to say hi……..hi!

Second I would like to say It would be best if you went with something darker, but if done right you should be able to have it covered up nicely with anything you pick, assuming you pick a coverup tattoo. Over the scars, tattooing is used for many different types of things including coverup of scars, again if done right it should conceal them nicely, it’s thick tissue so the ink goes in harder, but when done correctly you would never know they were there.

Good Luck, and let us know how it turns out, with some pics.

scrubmuncher
    Participant
    @scrubmuncher

Hiya Mate,
    Yeh, I’d go with that. I’ve got my scars on my arm covered over to form Bamboo (actualy using the raised scar as a 3-D effect) and the rest which was pretty much black lightened to form pretty much what I wanted, within reality. It did take alot of work though and looking a yours I can’t see any reason why you shouldn’t beable to get that covered with a beautiful piece and if wanted using lighter colours, the lighter colours could look a bit dirty though, at first anyway, but hey if like me, mistakes made as a youngster are worth the bother and recovering now.
    Good luck mate!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.