Tazimo
Participant
@tazimo

So I recently got a new tattoo and my artist told me to use Bepanthen on it.

I have been doing this for three days two applications per day  after washing and drying. But Ive noticed it just makes the healing skin sticky and pulls against the forming scabs even removing small parts when I clean it. Do you think I have ruined the tattoo by doing this as now it looks patchy and I’m not sure if its just healing skin or ink has been drawn out.

View post on imgur.com

Especially around the lighter areas (his eyes and lighter eye patch.

Ell-Powell
Participant
@ell-2

Hi!!

I hope you have resolved this but in case anyone comes across this and notices similarities with their own tattoo:

I think this is infected. Oozy patches like this can indicate an infection and if left untreated with antibiotics could cause further infection and damage to the ink. I always hated bepanthan because of how thick it was when applying and it’s almost impossible to not drag your skin as you apply it. I always found it was really difficult to add a thin layer as all the artist suggests.

Most of my new tattoo artists have told me to never use bepantan and to switch to a tattoo specific lotion like hussle butter, tattoo goo or butterluxe. Butterluxe is my fav because it is so thin and slides onto the tattooed skin so easily.

Hope you got your tattoo resolved 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.
Tazimo
Participant
@tazimo

Hey there,

I’m pretty sure it was the start of an infection as the skin around it was very hot and sore! I got in touch with a different studio as my artist said that it looked fine and was just healing.  I could actually feel the heat coming from it at this point. The new studio recommended light  dettol washing twice a day and no more cream since I had a reaction the bep. Literally a day after starting the washes the heat had reduced to a slightly warm to the touch normal for healing tattoo’s.  It is now starting to peel normally and has no more inflammation. I’m pretty sure I’m going to need a touch up in a few places but overall  it now seems to be back on track to healing.

After doing some research it seems the bep recipe has change. I had never used it up until this point having always used something specifically for tattoos and never having any problems.

Thanks for your reply I appreciate it.

View post on imgur.com

Ell-Powell
Participant
@ell-2

Aw good I’m so glad to hear that it’s looking much better 🙂

It’s such a cute tattoo!!

Tazimo
Participant
@tazimo

Thanks  so much!

The Ohana quote is there to but I had no issue with that at all XD I plan to get a few hibiscus flowers around the whole thing like a border ^^

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.