Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Had this done on September 10th – still healing and am celebrating the loss of the last scab today during my shower!! Woo Hoo!! As a survivor of the Pentagon on 9/11 I wanted something to commemorate that experience as well as my military service. I absolutely love it – the eagle stands on a pentagonal piece of rubble looking intent as the sun begins to peak from the clouds. I’m biased…but it’s awesome to me.

Krizztle
Participant
@krizztle

I think it’s awesome! It’s always neat to hear people’s meanings behind their art. Super cool.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my art – it does have tremendous meaning and, given this was the 15th anniversary, it seemed time to do something for myself. I was very close to the point of impact and several times could have ended up walking out that day. This piece is a recognition of that day, as well as the 26 years I served on active duty in the Army.
Welcome to the forum!!

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

I really like it too.

Meaning behind tattoos can be just as personal as anything else in life. I like the fact this one has specific meaning to your own 9/11 expoerience.

Must have been a crazy time to be in the US military then.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

Noticed I screwed up in my last response and can’t seem to find an edit capability – not enough coffee. My reply should have said that several times that day I was in situations where I could have been killed, from the initial impact where the plane went directly under our office suite, to the explosion that blew in our windows and left holes in the floor, to when I was out on the 3rd floor of the E Ring assisting in evacuating people and clearing offices just before the upper floors collapsed down on the 3rd. I was exceptionally lucky….but many colleagues were not. I wear this tattoo as a sign of resolve to never forget their sacrifice.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Very cool

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.