Stillkickin808
Participant
@stillkickin808

So I recently got my first tattoos done, one on my arm and one on my hand. The arm tattoo took about 11 hours and we did it in one session, it looks fantastic I couldn’t be happier. My second tattoo took about three to four hours to do, at first it looked absolutely amazing and after a couple weeks nearly all of the ink came out (Black and Grey) especially any shading that was done. I went back for a touch up about a week ago hoping that now the ink will stick. It has been a week again and now I am getting the same results, not as bad as the first time but still looks disappointing. Could it be that the artist is light handed? Or does pressure even matter? I took two weeks off of work to make sure I let it heal properly without too much use and made sure not to wash my hands excessively. I really want this to come out how I want it to, I waited four years to make sure I wanted the tat in the first place now that I have it I don’t want to be unsatisfied. LMK your thoughts.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Being light or heavy handed has nothing to do with it Post a picture of it

Dan
Participant
@dan

hand tattoos just don’t stay very well in general,and I’m not talking about palm skin,the back of the hand even done by a world class artist will fall out some.at least that’s been my experience of what iIve seen.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@Dan 146738 wrote:

hand tattoos just don’t stay very well in general,and I’m not talking about palm skin,the back of the hand even done by a world class artist will fall out some.at least that’s been my experience of what iIve seen.

And that is why touch ups are not free on hands or fingers. (Generally).

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

Yeah i have a realism piece on my left hand and while it did hold fairly well a lot of the gradation splotched out and i lost a lot of color in the webbing at my thumb. I wont have my hand second passed. F that haha. I think traditional is the best bet for hands. Bold will hold.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@jerryatrophy 146772 wrote:

Yeah i have a realism piece on my left hand and while it did hold fairly well a lot of the gradation splotched out and i lost a lot of color in the webbing at my thumb. I wont have my hand second passed. F that haha. I think traditional is the best bet for hands. Bold will hold.

why ? LOL does it hurt that bad there ?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Dan 146775 wrote:

why ? LOL does it hurt that bad there ?

The top of the hand is fine but the sides and close to the knuckles is bad.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@jerryatrophy 146776 wrote:

Yes. jerry is correct. Also, the ink may come out of the sides and other parts of your hand.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@jerryatrophy 146776 wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ actually I have been considering a hand tattoo,I am trying to get in with Tim Hendricks for that or my neck.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Dan 146778 wrote:

๐Ÿ™‚ actually I have been considering a hand tattoo,I am trying to get in with Tim Hendricks for that or my neck.

Tim hendricks is dope.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@jerryatrophy 146779 wrote:

Tim hendricks is dope.

I know ! right !? and he is only 6 hours south of me. I have been emailing him,have not got an appointment yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.