Jskins2190
Participant
@jskins2190

I’m new here but I have 14 tattoos, I recently just finished my half sleeve. It’s a Redskins, football related theme. I originally got the Redskins logo but wanted to make a sleeve out of it, got the Superbowl trophy and was stuck on what else to get. So I go to the shop and my tattoo guy and he suggests this design to finish the half sleeve instead of just shading and background. Now personally I’ve never been a fan of rose tattoos but it’s a theme suggesting for the love of the game. I’ve shown a few people and they say it looks nice but I’ve had a couple people make harmless jokes saying it’s a girl tattoo and what not. What do you all think? Not sure how to post pics but here are links.

http://s82.photobucket.com/user/redskinfan08/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160424_174713.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=18042410&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=1

Jskins2190
Participant
@jskins2190

Well shit that didn’t work. Any help on posting pics?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I like it. It’s not a style that I would choose personally, but it is well done.

Congratulations. (What’s your next one?)

Jskins2190
Participant
@jskins2190

@Sam-I-Am 147572 wrote:

Welcome to the forum!

I like it. It’s not a style that I would choose personally, but it is well done.

Congratulations. (What’s your next one?)

OK so the pics do show up? Yeah it’s very well done I have no problems with my tat guy, he’s done 13 of my 14 tattoos. But I’m just a little self conscious that’s it’s a little girly lol and I didn’t feel that way until a day after I got it and started looking at it. Maybe only because I’ve always seen roses as female tattoos. As for my next 1 I’m not sure, I may have to tweak with that part again. I still have some arm left to cover if I wanted to on the half sleeve. Any suggestions as to what would make the roses maybe less eye popping? I’m not sure what I could add do it.

Devious6
Participant
@devious6

It is well done – I just don’t get the rose theme as it’s designed. Maybe tie it to the Rose Bowl and include that trophy and logos of some of the winning teams? Or, as was already recommended just accept it for a quality piece and love it.

Jskins2190
Participant
@jskins2190

@Devious6 147574 wrote:

It is well done – I just don’t get the rose theme as it’s designed. Maybe tie it to the Rose Bowl and include that trophy and logos of some of the winning teams? Or, as was already recommended just accept it for a quality piece and love it.

Yeah I need to get something to go with it to complete it now. Just not sure what. My thing is this started as a Redskins theme. I have the logo and the Superbowl trophy on. But then with this now it kinda takes away from the theme a little. I just need 1 more piece to tie it all in I suppose. Thanks for the feedback guys.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Jskins2190 147569 wrote:

Well shit that didn’t work. Any help on posting pics?

20160424_174713.jpg
20160427_100911.jpg

and read here >>>>> http://www.thetattooforum.com/important/announcements-guidelines-feedback-and-suggestions/10056-uploading-posting-images-101-a.html

you need to use the “insert image” icon that puts at each end of the image link address ,the image location goes in between these tags

and as far as the tattoo goes,it looks to be applied well,the line work and color saturation look pretty good,I am not fond of the football or the goal post,but all in all not a bad tattoo.

Jskins2190
Participant
@jskins2190

Appreciate it Dan

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Jskins2190 147573 wrote:

I’ve always seen roses as female tattoos.

Roses under the right conditions can even look sinister. Flowers and natural items affect all of us. While I would not suggest you get a flowering cherry tree tattoo up your side, cherry tree blossoms mingled with other things, and in the right locations, could be rather sensual.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Jskins2190 147573 wrote:

. Maybe only because I’ve always seen roses as female tattoos. .

LOL I don’t know about that one ! sorry,but that’s just a silly thing to say.
I have several flower tattoos and love them,I have a lotus and a rose and some other ones,bold and colorful.I plan on getting more flower tattoos.I also have a plan for adding a water lily to my right arm.

I never thought about flowers being a feminine tattoo.

my right hand and my left knee and my shoulder.
ship2.jpg
alycia8.jpg
hand1.jpg

Jskins2190
Participant
@jskins2190

True I know they’re not just female tattoos if they’re presented the right way like yours are. Those are nice. Any suggestions as to what would go well with the sleeve I have?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I currently have Anthuriums, a Passion flower, day lilies, and mushrooms. I plan on getting some Chrysanthemums, Sun Flowers (with Gold Finches), and perhaps some Trumpet Vines. This is amungst the leaves, lizards, and other animals.

(I was a florist some years ago)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.