gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

I haven’t been on in a while… and now I’m posting back to back comments… I’m saving up for a half sleeve (involving a portrait), but can’t decide on the artist. I’m plan to travel to get it, however I go back and forth between what artist to have do it. For this b/g sleeve I really like Silvano Fiato, Thomas Carli Jarlier, Remis, and gabrielink_art (from yesterday’s post…and I could list more).

I don’t even have the $ saved yet, but choosing an artist is killing me…haha. How do you guys make that final decision?? gut feel, convenience, something else?? Not really looking for an opinion on the artists, just making the decision when you know multiple artists could kill it…

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I personally choose an artist first. Then contact them, then figure out what were going to do. Ive never been torn between multiple artists on an idea before. But id lean towards not compromising. Have it done by the one whose work gives you that “wide eye” as i like to call it. The big dealbreaker for me is wait time. 2-3 months cool….6-12 no thanks. Haha

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

yeh I don’t tend to think of an idea and then find an artist I tend to pick an artist and then go, yep they can have this space and get something that is their speciality. when I contacted Nigel Kurt I just said I love your work I have a wings a weapons theme. Paid a deposit booked a date and only recently saw what he wants to do and its gorgeous.

Of course. A sleeve doesn’t have to be done all by one artist. I know a lot of people who have a themed sleeve but have 2,3,4 even 5 different artists work pieces together to make one cohesive sleeve. Do it that way in stages and then you get the best of both worlds, less money per go and no hard choices. If I ever went for a sleeve that’s most likely how I would go about it!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Contact them all and discuss your tattoo idea and see who you have the best feeling from (who digs it the most)

gobeavers
Participant
@gobeavers

All great points… thanks. I’ve been thinking about this for over a year and Silvano has always been my front runner… doesn’t help that he’s booked out 18 months and a $1000+ flight away…ha. I do like the idea of contacting multiple artists too, def wanna have them excited to take the project on. Thanks again.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.