jon quill
Participant
@jon-quill

Hi all 🙂

The mod team have kindly given me permission to post the details of these 2 projects, which I am currently supporting.

Both have a limited time remaining to meet their targets, & I am doing my best to spread the word about them.

I am not connected to either project but would love to see them succeed for their creators’ sake & to support creativity/art/subculture &c &c.

This is not a hard sell to ask you to contribute; if anyone wants to chuck in anything from £1 then obviously that would be brilliant, but it’s as much to publicize these projects within the tattooed community for their own sake & out of all-round interest – if any of you have social media type things & maybe might consider reposting this for others to see, then that would be great also.

Full project details below & thanks for looking.

btw I hold my hands up to having no ink whatsoever myself & to being chiefly an arty/photography fan, but I do have an appreciation of the aesthetic of tattoos hence my crossover interest in these. 😎

jon quill
Participant
@jon-quill

‘Young Soul Rebels II’ is a follow-up project by photographer Dennis Schoenberg featuring the boxer Toby Leonard:

WbTP9lw.png

The main aim is to produce a signed limited photozine plus there are various related items such as posters/t-shirt &c:

Link to Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1121281883/young-soul-rebels-ii-zine/description

(5 days remaining for this to meet its target: end date Thurs Nov 12th)

jon quill
Participant
@jon-quill

Skin Deep is a project headed by photographer Danny Baldwin and features a variety of tattooed male models:

ssKjgGY.jpg

The main aim of this will be an exhibition expected to launch around January 2016 but again there are other tiers of pledges such as prints/signed postcards &c.

Link to Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/414046957/skin-deep-0

(9 days remaining for this to meet its target: end date Tues Nov 17th)

Dan
Participant
@dan

so bottom line is you’re here just asking for money.

no thanks,

however you sugar coat it ,still the same old thing.

jon quill
Participant
@jon-quill

I’m sorry if you see it that way. 🙁

As said, they are not my projects so there is no self-interest. Yes I would genuinely like to help them along – but mainly, as a positive representation of the tattooed community (I feel), they are worth a minute’s attention in their own right imo. For example if it just brings one of the photographers or subjects to the notice of an interested party, & if their sole action is to look further into that photographer’s work etc.

Sugar-coating was absolutely not my intent, and I think that is a little harsh. If this is not the sort of thing people like to be presented with on the forum then I understand & apologise but I deliberately got permission for just that reason.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@jon quill 146225 wrote:

I deliberately got permission for just that reason.

From whom did you get permission?

jon quill
Participant
@jon-quill

From a moderator, as per my first post.

I have been around forums enough to know that joining up to sell/promote things is bad form & understandably frowned on. I totally get that. In this instance I had no chance to be a contributing member before posting something like this (for the obvious reason that these are ventures with a deadline).

Can I just say again, to my mind this isn’t a pitch for you all to contribute – to me, it is more like posting that I have come across a cool new band that you may like. If you then go on to listen to that band via free streaming & become a fan – great. If you go on to buy the cd, I don’t think that’s me asking you to spend that money. Or like reviewing a book you may not have come across, & may be interested in.

For all I know, some of you may be keen zine collectors or avid exhibition goers – these projects are about getting something you may want, not fundraisers with no return. I missed out on getting a copy of Young Soul Rebels I as I didn’t know about it and it sold out very quickly. I would have thanked someone who had brought it to my notice, & I have similarly missed out on other things I’d like to have heard about.

As I said before, if literally all that happened by my posting this is that one of you passed the info on to a friend that you think would be interested, then I’m happy. If a side-effect of that is I help raise one single pound/dollar, great – if not, then fine, no problem. You don’t know me of course & you can choose to think I’ve joined to twist your arm for cash, & if so, again, not my intention & no offence.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

As a regular Kickstarter and Karolinafund user, I’m always up for supporting interesting projects. I’m not personally interested enough in these two projects to want to support them, but if anyone else is interested then all the better.

@Dan 146224 wrote:

so bottom line is you’re here just asking for money.
no thanks

First of all, that’s your prerogative. Secondly, HE’s not asking for money. The people behind the Kickstarter campaigns are. That’s what crowdfunding is for.

@Sam-I-Am 146229 wrote:

From whom did you get permission?

From me 🙂

Dan
Participant
@dan

@ArniVidar 146237 wrote:

As a regular Kickstarter and Karolinafund user, I’m always up for supporting interesting projects. I’m not personally interested enough in these two projects to want to support them, but if anyone else is interested then all the better.

First of all, that’s your prerogative. Secondly, HE’s not asking for money. The people behind the Kickstarter campaigns are. That’s what crowdfunding is for.

From me 🙂

LOL you can phrase it any way you want to,still sounds like he is asking for money,and for the record,I am NOT a fan of this “crowd funding” asking for handout crap.I’m a fan of earning my own way in life.

jon quill
Participant
@jon-quill

@Dan 146240 wrote:

I am NOT a fan of these “crowd funding” asking for handout crap.I’m a fan of earning my own way in life.

If that’s the way you look at these things, fair enough. In the instance of the photozine, this is someone who’s raised their own funds/produced & sold the first instance of this item, and (for whatever reason) is opting to produce the second this way around. It’s no different imo to his producing the item & then selling it; but that’s my view. There are certainly crowdfunding schemes I wouldn’t touch with a ten-foot pole and these 2 are dependent on my knowledge of the people behind them.

I chose this forum as a starting point/portal/online platform & any advice would have been welcome even if it was just ‘we don’t like this kind of thing no offence, maybe xyz would be a more suitable place.’ As you are anti-crowdfunding then of course I get you would not want to pass the buck & point me elsewhere & I respect your principle & opinion – but I couldn’t have 100% predicted if that would be the consensus here. If I had thought so then obviously I would not have posted. Anyhow thread will sink, lesson learned etc – no harm done, no hard feelings as far as I’m concerned.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@jon quill 146241 wrote:

If that’s the way you look at these things, fair enough. In the instance of the photozine, this is someone who’s raised their own funds/produced & sold the first instance of this item, and (for whatever reason) is opting to produce the second this way around. It’s no different imo to his producing the item & then selling it; but that’s my view. There are certainly crowdfunding schemes I wouldn’t touch with a ten-foot pole and these 2 are dependent on my knowledge of the people behind them.

I chose this forum as a starting point/portal/online platform & any advice would have been welcome even if it was just ‘we don’t like this kind of thing no offence, maybe xyz would be a more suitable place.’ As you are anti-crowdfunding then of course I get you would not want to pass the buck & point me elsewhere & I respect your principle & opinion – but I couldn’t have 100% predicted if that would be the consensus here. If I had thought so then obviously I would not have posted. Anyhow thread will sink, lesson learned etc – no harm done, no hard feelings as far as I’m concerned.

I agree,no hard feelings at all,I was just voicing my opinion.

Amok
Participant
@amok

in many instances crowdfunding is a great way of bringing new products/services out that may have either never made it, or been bought out by some huge faceless corporation. Can be a good way of cutting out the middleman.

this one for example: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/flow-hive-honey-on-tap-directly-from-your-beehive#/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.