kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Hey guys,

Going to Perth to visit a very dear friend and we are going to get tattooed together. We want half a mandala each on our feet (so that when you put them together it makes a whole one, get it? lol)

however, if im travelling all the way to aus to be tattooed with my bestie you can bet I want a good artist, so does anyone know anyone in that neck of the woods??

Amok
Participant
@amok

Don’t know much about the tattoo scene over there, New Zealand is closer to me!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

two different forums ive posted on and no one can think of any in perth!

its either a deadzone or a secret lol

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

The BRAG ART list only shows 1 in Perth, and it is a private studio. Not exactly what you’re looking for. But maybe try contacting them to see if they can suggest an artist or shop near them?

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

bollocks lol

Back to the drawing board eh! lol

Amok
Participant
@amok

Maybe there’s some international artists guesting there?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

@Call_me_Lola 146110 wrote:

The BRAG ART list only shows 1 in Perth, and it is a private studio. Not exactly what you’re looking for. But maybe try contacting them to see if they can suggest an artist or shop near them?

Thats the only thing i dont like about the brag list app, it is generally only rockstars and not the supertalented nobodys. I follow 400+ artists from georgia on my georgia instagram but the app only has 8.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

You can send in recommendations for the list as well, I cant find the email address at the moment but it gets added to all the time

Amok
Participant
@amok

@kittykat200 146135 wrote:

You can send in recommendations for the list as well, I cant find the email address at the moment but it gets added to all the time

That app is made by our very own @peterpoose. Maybe he’ll see this.

Just looking at The Brag Art List, it mentions Jasmin Austin at Adorned Empire in Perth. https://instagram.com/jasminaustintattoos/?hl=en

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I have no idea if Kegan Hawkins is anywhere near Perth but I would give a nut to get tattooed by him https://instagram.com/tater_tatts/?hl=en

Amok
Participant
@amok

@buttwheat 146217 wrote:

I have no idea if Kegan Hawkins is anywhere near Perth but I would give a nut to get tattooed by him https://instagram.com/tater_tatts/?hl=en

Other side of the country, so about 4 hours flight.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

@buttwheat 146217 wrote:

I have no idea if Kegan Hawkins is anywhere near Perth but I would give a nut to get tattooed by him

And it would be worth it! Occasionally he does guest spots at MD Tattoo Studio in California. You should try to snag a spot next time he’s there. (I think it’s usually after Ink ‘n Iron/Art Gathering LA). That would cut down on the travel expenses.

Or ask if he’s coming anywhere even closer to you. If he is, let ME know!!

@kittykat200
I’m guessing that you have already used ‘the google’ to try to search by now. I was just taking a peek and it looks like there are a few highly regarded artists in Freemantle. That’s pretty close to Perth. Although I know that it is hard to find reviews that you can trust.

Sometimes I read Yelp reviews of tattoo artists/shops to entertain myself. I find that there are 2 kinds of people that leave reviews of tattoo shops. Type 1: person getting their first tattoo, thinks it is awesome and their artist is the best ever (even though the actual tattoo is mediocre or worse) Type 2: person who goes to or calls a shop to inquire about a tattoo but has no idea about standard shop practices so they give a horrible review because “OMG they wanted a deposit before they would even draw anything up” or “OMG they wouldn’t do my 2 inch tribal rose with my 5 kids names hidden in the design”. I have yet to read a Yelp review of a shop/artist written by anyone with any knowledge of normal shop practices or what a good tattoo should look like. I actually found one review written by a girl who was getting their tattoo done at the same time that I was there. They were one of the most annoying clients I have ever seen. Absolutely terrible. But the artist was still super nice and calm and treated her way better than she deserved. It made me realize how much patience it takes to be a tattoo artist. She did give a good review, but it was really interesting to see the visit first hand and then read her idea of how it went. CLUELESS.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

yeh this is the problem, finding an artist anywhere isn’t necessarily the problem, finding a good and consistent artist is the problem! Helps to have some insider knowledge with these things I think!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.