dsmith
Participant
@dsmith

I dont have any tattoos currently but have toyed with the idea of getting one since i was 18, will be turning 38 next month and still never got one. My question is how do you know what to get that you wont regret when your older? I know if I had gotten one at a young age it probably would have been something dumb that i would be regretting by now. I always say that if i had kids that I would want something about them, but I dont so thats out. My hobby is guns, have thought about something with gun related with a american flag but dont want something that is too cliche. Maybe im putting too much thought into it i dont know but thats why I joined this forum figured I could get some real world advice here. Would like to hear from tattoo artist and just people with tattoos as well.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I got my first one at 40. I had been to the tattoo shop a bunch of times when I was younger “just looking” and would have came away with a pot leaf or something stupid.
Just look at a shit ton of tattoos and you’ll find what you like. Don’t worry to much about getting something you will regret heck you’re pretty much over half way to dead anyways.

Get this and remember your tattoos DO NOT have to have some deep rooted meaning bullshit

1d90ac45cc26e2605e890f8e7dbbce12.jpg

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

It’s true, I have a theme over my body but now I just say “wings and weapons” to whatever artist I have chosen and wait to see what they come up with! Best thing to do is research artists that you like (download the brag art list app on your phone and it will tell you all the local artists to you that are worth going to, if they aren’t on that list, they likely aren’t worth visiting!) once you have chosen an artist, look through their work pick your favourites, contact them and tell them which of their work is your favourite and they will create something similar yet unique just for you. A tattoo doesn’t have to have a sacred meaning, they are a form of decoration and can be treated as such.

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

There’s a difference between iconic and cliche. If you follow her advice ^^^^^ and find a really good artist you can let them just run with your
idea of guns and your nation’s flag, and you will get a piece that you can be proud of forever.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@Call_me_Lola 145978 wrote:

Find a really good artist you can let them just run with your
idea of guns and your nation’s flag, and you will get a piece that you can be proud of forever.

Good advice!

Welcome to the forum! (I got my first at 56!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.