Charmed
Participant
@charmed

Hi

I got my third tattoo three days ago, a phoenix. Each of my tattoos have a meaning and I take my time in deciding the design I want.
So this wasn’t a spur of the moment thing.
I wasn’t too happy with red and orange and decided on purple and white. Mid-way I asked the artist what colours, if any, I could add and he suggested blue.
Well now my phoenix looks like a damned peacock!

What colours can I add over the ones I already have to make it look more like a phoenix?
Would adding a flame around it work?
What can I do to get rid of the shadow effect?
The shadow effect was added after the tattoo was finished and I was told it would make it stand out. I hate it and it will look even worse when the tattoo ages.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

orange and red

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Phoenix=fire so it should have been done in red/orange/yellow

If you didn’t want those colours than you should have either gone with black and grey or not gotten a phoenix.

So, it is what it is. A tribal peacock.

Leave it alone for a while, see if it bothers you less. If you still hate it go talk to a tattoo artist and see what your options are.

Find a better tattoo artist to do it. And for any future work.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

To be fair, the tattoo isn’t badly done. The lines are clean and the colouring is neat. You asked for purple and white so that’s kinda what you got. The shading doesn’t look too bad even if it is a little rough. Though the guys are right if you wanted it to be clear it was a phoenix you should have picked fire colours not water colours. You really only have yourself to blame as your artist did exactly what you asked for. Basically learn to live with it or laser it.

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

I think the Tattoo is decent. The shadows could be a bit more bold to create more depth. I like the idea of red mixed with this piece.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.