LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

Hi everyone

I would just like to say if this is the wrong forum board or goes against forum rules at all in any way can someone please let me know via pm and delete this thread.

Ok, me and my wife are looking to open a new store in Gatley, UK and we have setup a crowdfunding page to raise the funds to allow us to get started.

As well as being another tattoo shop on the long list of tattoo shops, we also have a strong interest in mobile technology and we have a new product in the running that will bring a whole new edge to the tattooing industry.

I am not asking for anyone to pledge, however that would be amazing, but what I was wondering is if anyone likes our campaign and thinks that we have a good product to offer, could you please share my campaign on Twitter , facebook or anywhere else that may help get us noticed

Thanks in advance and that you for taking the time to read this.

Our campaign can be found at Luce Ink Tattoo Business, a Business in Gatley, Cheadle, United Kingdom on Crowdfunder

Thanks

Matt
Luce Ink

Dan
Participant
@dan

sorry but this sounds a little cheesy to me,go get a small business loan,I don’t care for people asking for handouts like this,just my .02

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Did your relatives already turn you down?

LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

Hi Guys,

Thank you for your response and the loan option is also something that I am looking at, however the loan options would only give us a fraction of what we require. I appreciate that you do not feel for the handout way of things and I will not try to convince you otherwise.

We have decided to take on the crowdfunding way as this is becoming a viable option of gaining funding where we can offer something back to those who support us. In our case we have rewards as high as giving other business copies of our own software. While this may not appeal to a lot of people, the cost of developing that software for a company would be greater than the investment in our company. Therefore it becomes a great investment for both parties.

Unfortunately I do not come from a rich family and that wasn’t an option I could take, although it was considered.

I appreciate that you may not want to support my crowdfunding on your own morals or opinions, I was only hoping that word about my campaign could be spread so that hopefully it does reach the people are are interested.

Thanks again for your time.

LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

Hi again,

Just to show that this wasn’t just a lazy way of trying to get funding, it is one of the funding options pushed forwards by the UK Government listed directly after equity based funding.

https://www.gov.uk/business-finance-explained/crowdfunding-

It is a big amount for us to achieve and not so easy to get the government loans to help with new start-ups.

Thanks again

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Didn’t we already tell you that this software idea is pretty ridiculous? If not, someone was in here maybe a year or two ago with the same exact software asking us if we liked it, and we told them no then.

pidjones
Participant
@pidjones

You really should proof-read your page if you expect people to invest. Honestly, the app may seem cool and teeny boppers will love seeing how their feathers turning into birds tattoo will look if they get it, but a tattoo is only as good as the artist that does it, and the artist is the best judge of proper placement and fit. If that artist isn’t good, the tattoo won’t be. Technology won’t help that, and I seriously doubt it will help bring business to a shop. Fun to play with maybe, but serious business-building, no. Too much expense for development and no income – it will end up a .99 cent Amazon app that sells maybe 50 tops. None to artists or shops.

LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

Thank you pidjones for your more constructive response.

At the moment it feels like I’m being shot straight down for having an idea with a lack of constructive feed back. We have a desire to run a great tattoo business. I understand that there are a lot of traditional tattooists on here who personally object to the idea of the technology side.

The app idea is not the base of the funding or the main idea behind my business. The main point is the shop itself. The app is an aid to the business.

I completely 100% agree that a tattoo is only as good as the artist doing it and I completely respect that they know best. However, there are cases where people have started a tattoo and decided half way through that it isn’t how they expected it to look, or they wished it was a bit bigger or smaller. This is where the app comes in. It isn’t to replace the artist and their ideas, it is to show the customer what they will be getting, so they can decide early on if it is what they want or if they want to make changes. This can obviously be done without technology, but it takes time to trace and image at different sizes to show to the customer, the app eliminates that time, saving the artist money.

I have plans to expand to app to allow previewing the design in colour or greyscale, something that is hard to really imagine until the tattoo is finished.

I know some of you will still completely disagree with my idea, but surely you can see where the benefit is and how if used correctly, can be a great tool to improve the customer experience?

Dan
Participant
@dan

@LuceInk 145245 wrote:

Thank you pidjones for your more constructive response.

At the moment it feels like I’m being shot straight down for having an idea with a lack of constructive feed back. We have a desire to run a great tattoo business. I understand that there are a lot of traditional tattooists on here who personally object to the idea of the technology side.

The app idea is not the base of the funding or the main idea behind my business. The main point is the shop itself. The app is an aid to the business.

I completely 100% agree that a tattoo is only as good as the artist doing it and I completely respect that they know best. However, there are cases where people have started a tattoo and decided half way through that it isn’t how they expected it to look, or they wished it was a bit bigger or smaller. This is where the app comes in. It isn’t to replace the artist and their ideas, it is to show the customer what they will be getting, so they can decide early on if it is what they want or if they want to make changes. This can obviously be done without technology, but it takes time to trace and image at different sizes to show to the customer, the app eliminates that time, saving the artist money.

I have plans to expand to app to allow previewing the design in colour or greyscale, something that is hard to really imagine until the tattoo is finished.

I know some of you will still completely disagree with my idea, but surely you can see where the benefit is and how if used correctly, can be a great tool to improve the customer experience?

yes ! that’s it,get a fucking job,earn the money,work for what you want,save the money,get a loan(the right way),and quit asking for fucking free handouts ! god dam ! what the fuck
happened to good old fashioned work ethics ?

sorry admins,ban me if you want,

but EVERYTHING I have I worked hard for and earned ON MY OWN !

all this go fund me,crowdfunding,online fundraising crap is total bullshit IMO

you kids need to realize it’s time to work and earn your own way in life !

whew ! I feel much better now !

LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

Nice to assume that I am some bum sat at home hoping for free money.

As well as wanting to open up my own tattoo studio I am also the director of my own Mobile Development company. The company that will be supporting the development of the app. I work a full 40 hour week in contract and an additional 4-6 hours every night on client work. I also provide for my wife and 3 kids.

So before you slate me for not wanting to earn money. I do earn money. I work between 60 and 80 hours a week to bring in money. However money doesn’t go far enough and definitely doesn’t bring in enough to start up my second business with my Wife.

Don’t you think I have also considered the loan option too, the best I can go for is a startup loan which isn’t enough on its own. I will be putting my own money into the continued running of the tattoo business which I earn from running my own business.

Sometime people need that bit of extra support, I’m not making people give me money.
I’m offering people something back for the help and support.

So calm down a bit and at least try and get to know who I am before you try making me out to be some low life scrote on the beg.

LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

Also crowdfunding isn’t a free hand out.

To the people who pledge to the campaign I have to honour the rewards. All of the rewards don’t come at free cost. I have to find the money to honour those. I have to absorb any money lost in honouring those rewards. For me to provide a company with the app as a reward I have to offer support and updates for that app. That isn’t free, that costs me money. But I accept that as a thank you for the support.

It’s like equity funding but instead of a % of the company I return a product or service. Those products and services cost money.

The difference with crowd funding is that the people who pledge, want the reward that I am offering. Not just simply their money back.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

beggar-wikimedia3.jpg

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Most of the tattooers I know are not into highly technical apparatus.

The best work is done with a pencil or pen on paper. Then it is drawn on the skin (or a tracing is used) and then the tattoo is inked.

LuceInk
Participant
@luceink

I complete agree, the best stuff is produced by pencil on paper. The app idea isn’t to replace that part of the process.

The only part it assists with the the tracing part and laying out on the body. If an artists draws a masterpiece by pencil, the app simply allows them to view that masterpiece on a real person without the need of tracing and copying. If the artists want to see what it would look like bigger or smaller then they can without having to redraw the artwork or scan and print it at different sizes.

This use of the app would save massive amounts of time from the artists point of view and time is money.

Obviously it won’t replace the drawing directly on to the skin or free hand work, but the app isn’t design to be a replacement. It is design to be a tool to help assist if wanted.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Good luck.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.