MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

Seems like every time I get stopped by someone who wants to see my tattoo they always feel like they should show me theirs. Seems fair…..

Only thing is that most people who walk up to me in public are showing me poor quality tattoos. I’m usually not impressed. Granted I have shitty tattoos. (Let’s laugh about them now)……… The difference is I don’t try to show them to strangers.

So the question is….

Do you lie and pretend to like their tattoo?

Do you take the direct approach and tell them exactly how you feel?

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I get that all the time. I’m an asshole in real life also so I usually just roll my eyes and go yep that is a tattoo alright.

Aussie Sly Guy
Participant
@aussie-sly-guy

I don’t tell them I don’t like it and I definitely don’t tell them I do.

Dan
Participant
@dan

I usually just say something like “oh cool ! “,what I do appreciate is the part that they came up to me to talk,because I am the same way as far as feeling like there is a camaraderie or brotherhood of sorts among tattooed people,so yes,I at the very least try and be friendly and talk a little to them.

If I run into an asshole that’s rude when I come up to a tattooed person to chat,I just say something sarcastic and walk away.

it’s a gamble out there these days,some people are real nice,and some people are dicks.

I don’t give people that are dicks much of my valuable time.

shitty tattoo or not I enjoy talking to other tattooed people.if they do have a shitty tattoo,sure be honest in a nice way and maybe we can help them !?!? recommend an artist to fix it,etc,etc.

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

@buttwheat 144833 wrote:

yep that is a tattoo alright.

Lol I do believe we have a Winner!

yodaddynukka
Participant
@yodaddynukka

@buttwheat 144833 wrote:

I’m an asshole in real life

QFT……………..

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I don’t mind at all when people ask to see or compliment mine, and tbh if they show me their crappy ones I just say “If that’s what you like then that’s nice for you” it annoys me more when people ask to look at mine and then start going on about how they’ve been planning one for ages and then asking me what they should get. How the fuck should I know?? You’re a complete stranger. If you’ve been planning it for years shouldn’t YOU know?? Gah!

Bitches be crazy…

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

I try to be nice, I usually just smile and nod and then I ask where they got it done. They think I’m interested but really I just want to know where NOT to go locally. There is one cashier at Costco that I ALWAYS avoid, because I just know she’s going to want to show it to me … again … and it is so bad and she loves it so much. BTW … her buddy did it for her. Ya. :rolleyes:

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@MattInked 144827 wrote:

So the question is….

Do you lie and pretend to like their tattoo?

Do you take the direct approach and tell them exactly how you feel?

Try to be diplomatic, but remember if nobody tells you your tattoos are shit, you’ll keep getting them. After I had my iguana tattoo gone over by a different tattooer, MY WIFE said that she didn’t really like it the way it was. She never would have told me otherwise.

I got straightened out after my first pictures I posted right here.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Yeh this forum is definitely a fast way to find out if your ink is a steaming pile of turd! haha!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.