LastRites
Participant
@lastrites

Hi everyone, new here to the forums. Have been thinking about getting my first tattoo soon after having my first piercing about 15 months back. So it would be a pretty simple and small one, no colour, and on the back of my neck. It would be the words “Stay Hungry. Stay Free.” and in a particular typewriter type font. I was just wondering on what the sort of price range should be? I know places will vary on any number of things but is there some sort of industry ball park figure I can be looking at? I haven’t chosen my studio yet so going round asking different places will be more time consuming than trying my question here 🙂

YNQVsfk.png

It would be that simple, really. I appreciate you probably get these sort of questions all the time so apologies haha.

Dan
Participant
@dan

most shops have a “minimum” charge/hourly rate,something like that would probably not even meet the minimum,that’s a 30 minute tattoo.
most shops I know of have a minimum rate of at least $150 hour.
you need to go ask some shops(if that’s really what you want) if they will waive the minimum for that silly little tattoo.
my rule is “go big,or go home “

LastRites
Participant
@lastrites

@Dan 147376 wrote:

most shops have a “minimum” charge/hourly rate,something like that would probably not even meet the minimum,that’s a 30 minute tattoo.
most shops I know of have a minimum rate of at least $150 hour.
you need to go ask some shops(if that’s really what you want) if they will waive the minimum for that silly little tattoo.
my rule is “go big,or go home “

I don’t think I’ll ever be one for big tattoos! Like simple, small ones. Thanks for the reply 🙂 To be fair I’d probably just pay them whatever their rate for an hours work is, even if it takes half that time. No bother to me when I’m getting something that means what it does. I love Joaquin Phoenix!

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Whatever the shop minimum is $70-$150. That being said just because it is simple doesn’t mean it will be easy choose your tattooist carefully know what to look for in a tattooist, Having a good feeling/report with them means nothing you will be spending less than an hour with them they don’t need anymore friends. Post a link of the work of whom ever you choose here and you can get an honest opinion from some of us in the know. Good luck

Look at me I’m the nice guy

Dan
Participant
@dan

@buttwheat 147381 wrote:

Whatever the shop minimum is $70-$150. That being said just because it is simple doesn’t mean it will be easy choose your tattooist carefully know what to look for in a tattooist, Having a good feeling/report with them means nothing you will be spending less than an hour with them they don’t need anymore friends. Post a link of the work of whom ever you choose here and you can get an honest opinion from some of us in the know. Good luck

Look at me I’m the nice guy

LOL grinning-smiley-021.gif

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.