JAyTb
Participant
@jaytb

I just made a tattoo rating website, http://www.ratetat.com I haven’t had any submissions yet, but I just opened it a couple days ago. I used a few photos from google to jump start it…I will take those down once I (hopefully) get some real user photos uploaded. It is pretty basic right now, I hope to upgrade the design and content of the site as it grows. The rating website is unlike most other similar sites. Most of the features are explained on the frontpage anyway.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

What is the point?

JAyTb
Participant
@jaytb

@Sam-I-Am 146455 wrote:

What is the point?

Just to see what other people think of your tattoo compared to all the other ones.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@JAyTb 146460 wrote:

Just to see what other people think of your tattoo compared to all the other ones.

Who cares? Most people don’t know shit about tattoos just look at the crap that leads he boards at a site just like yours except much better put together Ratemyink.com

JAyTb
Participant
@jaytb

@buttwheat 146461 wrote:

Who cares? Most people don’t know shit about tattoos just look at the crap that leads he boards at a site just like yours except much better put together Ratemyink.com

There is some entertainment value. To each their own, you’d be surprised what some people care about. I built my site because I don’t like that 1-10 rating system. I think people just get complacent, or don’t really take the time to accurately judge from one picture to the next. Mine is really totally different system than that one, or any other one that I’ve seen. Maybe you didn’t even look, but mine gives 2 random pictures and you pick what one you like more. Depending on the ratings of each one, an amount of points are transferred. It is way more accurate if you think about it.

I would like to know how you think that one is better though. Are the ads appealing? the login or comment system? I could do all that too. I just felt like keeping it simple. My code is a lot more advanced than theirs. My rating system uses ajax. Notice how you vote on one of their pictures the whole page reloads? Mine doesn’t do that. There is a whole lot in the back-end you don’t see. I also expect to add charts, graphs and responsive image sliders when I have more time. Personally I don’t particularity like the blow job scene on the top rated pic. I would never let that happen. His google adsense could be banned forever if they find out.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@JAyTb 146460 wrote:

Okay. I like the format here. Things in life are too organized as it is.

Good luck.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@JAyTb 146466 wrote:

There is some entertainment value. To each their own, you’d be surprised what some people care about. I built my site because I don’t like that 1-10 rating system. I think people just get complacent, or don’t really take the time to accurately judge from one picture to the next. Mine is really totally different system than that one, or any other one that I’ve seen. Maybe you didn’t even look, but mine gives 2 random pictures and you pick what one you like more. Depending on the ratings of each one, an amount of points are transferred. It is way more accurate if you think about it.

I would like to know how you think that one is better though. Are the ads appealing? the login or comment system? I could do all that too. I just felt like keeping it simple. My code is a lot more advanced than theirs. My rating system uses ajax. Notice how you vote on one of their pictures the whole page reloads? Mine doesn’t do that. There is a whole lot in the back-end you don’t see. I also expect to add charts, graphs and responsive image sliders when I have more time. Personally I don’t particularity like the blow job scene on the top rated pic. I would never let that happen. His google adsense could be banned forever if they find out.

I have looked at yours and to me it looked very simplistic where you look at 2 turds of tattoos and try to pick the better looking turd, So I picked the one turd with the corn sticking out of it because it added a textured look to the turd. Then I just kept seeing the same turd over and over.

The other site I haven’t been to in years I was not aware of the blow job scene on the top rated page. I left after some douche bag puts up a picture of a picture out of a magazine and then it is the highest rated tattoo where quality pieces get voted down by the same douche.

Good luck with your site but most true tattoo enthusiasts won’t give a fuck about it.

JAyTb
Participant
@jaytb

@buttwheat 146471 wrote:

I have looked at yours and to me it looked very simplistic where you look at 2 turds of tattoos and try to pick the better looking turd, So I picked the one turd with the corn sticking out of it because it added a textured look to the turd. Then I just kept seeing the same turd over and over.

I only have a few photos in there because I just started and people haven’t submitted photos. I could just as easily put a bunch up I find online but I don’t want to. The scores are not even accurate yet because not too many votes. eventually the most liked tattoos will approach 4000 and the turds will near 0.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@buttwheat 146471 wrote:

Most true tattoo enthusiasts won’t give a fuck about it.

This is correct (I for one don’t). I guess if I were trying to impress somebody with my tattoos I may feel differently.

When I got involved in this form, I was introduced to constructive criticism. I don’t see that happening with your format.

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

I tried to upload one but it told me it wasnt uploaded. Go figure.

JAyTb
Participant
@jaytb

@jerryatrophy 146483 wrote:

I tried to upload one but it told me it wasnt uploaded. Go figure.

I received 25 photos from someone today. I would like to know why yours failed. I allow *.png,*.jpg,*.jpeg,*.pdf,*.tif,*.gif,*.psd,*.bmp,*.img,*.jpe,*.tiff,*.tga extensions, is your photo a different format? What browser did you try from?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.