BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

I fancied his work before. He did great coverups, and other good work. But now, I can’t stand his work.
Did he do some earthshattering changes to his style, or have always been shit?

I remember him for this;
cover-up-tattoos-1.jpg

But today I saw this on facebook;
11094680_10205396448704244_7668627460996727304_n_zpsb5ekvft0.jpg
All I could think was that this is waste of fucking canvas.

Did this forum finally ruin me?

ArniVidar
@arnividar

I don’t know what I’m looking at. Is that an actual (healed) bullet wound hole in a shoulder??

ArniVidar
@arnividar

..or the stomach and navel? 🙂

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

Belly button blasting on @andyrobinsontattoo

Really hairy guy.

ArniVidar
@arnividar

Indeed. I’m hairy but luckily not quite THAT hairy.

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

i like it…..

what didnt you like about it?

that cover up works great. the octopus isnt what id want on me but is still a good looking tattoo nice colouring etc?

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

To me it looks like something a kid have drawn. There are some techincal use of shading,
but the coloring and linework looks really weird.

For comparison, here’s one he did a few weeks before.
Skjermbilde%202015-04-12%20kl.%2012.09.01_zpsrajwm5vg.png

That one is ok, but the crisp coloring and strong lines he have done before is missing. It’s like he is starting to give more shit about his work, and just produce as many tattoos as possible to get cash – sacrificing the quality.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

I don’t remember who it was on the other forum that got a total piece of crap tattoo by him. It was before he got on TV.
So yes while some of his coverup stuff still is masterful he drops out lots of turds.

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I like it.

But my tattoos don’t have a stellar approval rating on this forum either.

TortugaRose
Participant
@tortugarose

Tim recently admitted to being an alcoholic. His work suffered greatly the past few years due to his issues with alcoholism and extreme depression. He’s said that himself. He’s been very open about it. It isn’t that he’s all about the money, because he’s not. It’s that he was going to work every day wanting to die. Would you put out perfect work if you wanted to die every day and couldn’t help feeling that way? Since he’s been sober, his zest for tattooing has come back and he’s loved everything he’s been doing since. Styles change. People change. Sorry you’re no longer a fan.

The crap tattoo on Andy Robinson’s stomach that you are being so quick to judge isn’t even finished. It’s also a lot different content wise than what you compared it to.

Enjoy your tattoo forum.
-Tim’s Best Friend

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

I’m sorry to hear that. That explains the mad beard.
To answer you question; I’ve worked at a storage for four years now – I wish for death every day.

Hey! We are experts; we can spot lemons way before they are done.

Also, Any Robinson? The greatest rugby coach to walk this earth?
Andy-Robinson-001.jpg

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

@TortugaRose 143691 wrote:

Tim recently admitted to being an alcoholic. His work suffered greatly the past few years due to his issues with alcoholism and extreme depression. He’s said that himself. He’s been very open about it. It isn’t that he’s all about the money, because he’s not. It’s that he was going to work every day wanting to die. Would you put out perfect work if you wanted to die every day and couldn’t help feeling that way? Since he’s been sober, his zest for tattooing has come back and he’s loved everything he’s been doing since. Styles change. People change. Sorry you’re no longer a fan.

The crap tattoo on Andy Robinson’s stomach that you are being so quick to judge isn’t even finished. It’s also a lot different content wise than what you compared it to.

Enjoy your tattoo forum.
-Tim’s Best Friend

Well Tim’s bestest friend in the whole wide world how does he feel bout putting total shit on people permanently? Is he doing free cover ups on his crap tattoos now that he has his shit together?

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

@buttwheat 143698 wrote:

Well Tim’s bestest friend in the whole wide world how does he feel bout putting total shit on people permanently? Is he doing free cover ups on his crap tattoos now that he has his shit together?

I have to disagree with this. Like i said earlier in the thread i dont see those tattoos as being crap. far from it. there is some real crap out there and this seems to be because his work was so good before it went downhill a bit (yet was still better than a lot of stuff out there) and he is now sorting himself out.

That octopus and stomach pieces above i actually quite like.

And if he has had issues and now got his shit together then we can look forward to enjoying his art again hopefully.

Would be nice to hear Tims opinion on it. perhaps we could invite him for an interview for the new news section?

turbosatan
Keymaster
@turbosatan

And if he tattoos like that when he is struggling with alcohol addiction then he could really do something great when he is straight..

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Sam-I-Am 143666 wrote:

But my tattoos don’t have a stellar approval rating on this forum either.

LOL I’m in the same boat.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.