FLic_it
    Participant
    @flic_it

Hi I’m new 🙂

I have designs I’d like to get as half sleeves (possibly bigger) but have been told by an artist that one of them – a koi fish with cherry blossom, would be heavy and too bold that it wouldn’t look good if I got anything on my other arm, and that if I were to get another sleeve/half sleeve on my other arm that it should also be Japanese style.

Just want to know peoples opinions on this.
    Should I stick to just one style or would a different tattoo be ok?

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Why would you want a koi? Because it show’s that you’re a strong person that doesn’t care what other people thinks? You swim against the stream? You’re a fish?

Get some more inspiration, there’s so much more you can do.
    Look at this guy!
    http://humanflytattoo.com/pages/jee-works

Also, if you have one oriental sleeve/half sleeve and you want other styles on the other arm – go for it.

FLic_it
    Participant
    @flic_it

@BertNaked 143356 wrote:

Why would you want a koi? Because it show’s that you’re a strong person that doesn’t care what other people thinks? You swim against the stream? You’re a fish?

No, not because I’m a fish. I really like the style and the design. But also the Japanese mythology/story behind the design.
    And no I’m not Japanese, before you ask.

The story is the koi swims upstream, a huge challenge, to get to the top of the mountain. If it manages to reach the top of the mountain it turns into a dragon (which is cool).

The koi to me represents my journey through life. I one day want to own my own business but still figuring everything out. That is my mountain.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.