TrickyNic
    Participant
    @trickynic

So I’ve read several posts on here regarding this subject. I’m a Brit living in Greece I’m 55 and have two full sleeves (which were covering up lots off old small tattoos my first was in 1976) 2 chest pieces, inside the mouth, neck and two lower leg tatts, so I’ve had my fair share of pain.

Back in 2010 I tried out some Dr Numb cream and I was absolutely amazed at how good it was, it lasted a good 3 hours and it didn’t affect the quality of the tattoo at all – to be honest I’ve never understood people who like pain, I don’t know if that’s just a macho thing or what but it seems daft to me.

Anyway I am now starting a large rib piece and have tried to order through Dr Numb’s online site but each time it failed, I’ve written to them but no reply – I know it’s not a scam because I bought from them before so does anyone know if they are still in business or another way to contact them.

I’ve not tried the other two Emla or Ametop so I’d be interested to know if anyone knows how well they work compared to Dr Numb.

Cheers.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

I used a numbing agent one time (don’t recall the name) and I turned out to be allergic to it. I almost went to a hospital because of severe swelling. It was on my lower leg.
    I hope you can track some down.

Welcome to the forum.

Sam (I’ll be 59 in March)

TrickyNic
    Participant
    @trickynic

Oh that doesn’t sound good Sam, I had no allergic reaction to the Dr Numb cream but I guess we all have different sensitivities. Thanks for the welcome!

Nic

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I tried a numbing agent on a tattoo. The stuff worked great all I could feel was the pressure no pain. That tattoo healed (and hurt) as if it were a 3rd degree burn I don’t know if it was the numbing product or the sansiderm I used that caused this but I will never use either again.

pidjones
    Participant
    @pidjones

Dr. Numb is available on Amazon, which should have a way to ship to Greece.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Bactine works really good for knocking the edge off mid session. Doesnt work till the skins broken. My artist sprayed the area with bactine and let it sit for probably 5 minutes and when we got back started it was a noticeable difference. I was hesitant but it worked out great.
    Buttwheats the reason i will never use a cream for pain.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@jerryatrophy 143210 wrote:

Bactine works really good for knocking the edge off mid session. Doesnt work till the skins broken. My artist sprayed the area with bactine and let it sit for probably 5 minutes and when we got back started it was a noticeable difference. I was hesitant but it worked out great.
    Buttwheats the reason i will never use a cream for pain.

I do know guys that use and swear by the stuff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.