Wolf
Participant
@wolf

I had started another thread on a similar topic, but I have had some further thought about a possible tattoo. I like the idea of a snake shedding its skin. Not sure I want the tattoo to be too realistic – I like black and white tattoos, and silhouettes, and even symbolic tattoos. Any thoughts or examples?

jerryatrophy
Participant
@jerryatrophy

You like black and white tattoos? ?

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

I like Black and white cookies.
I think Wolf is referring to Black and Gray tattoos. At least I hope so!

Wolf
Participant
@wolf

yep, definitely mean black and grey!! (note, always proof read posts!!)

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat

Have you ever seen a snake shed its skin? I have and have had many snakes when they shed it’s not a pretty site I don’t think it would make a good tattoo at all in either black and white or black and grey.

Wolf
Participant
@wolf

I have seen a snake shedding skin. And agree, not a good look! I think it is a good concept for a tattoo, but perhaps not practical!

BertNaked
Participant
@bertnaked

You don’t have to be inventive to get a great tattoo. Snake tattoos can be insane!
Anywho, here’s one I really like. If you add extra stuff like shedding skin in the back there, it could be cool – but also, this could also make the tattoo messy, hard to define / hard for people to see what’s what. Less is more, less is clean, clean is good.

Made by norwegian artist Marius Meyer

Wolf
Participant
@wolf

Well it has been a while, but I have had some more time to think about this tattoo (although I still haven’t convinced the wife!), and I have done some searching to find some cool snake tattoos. I have some ideas, but I am keen to see if other people have seen some snake pics they think look good. Apart from the tattoo being black and grey, possibly with a little colour, the only other consideration would be that it needs to look a little aggressive, but not with fangs out (again, thinking of the wife here). And it will probably be on my back/shoulder blade.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

Dan
Participant
@dan

@Wolf 145370 wrote:

Well it has been a while, but I have had some more time to think about this tattoo (although I still haven’t convinced the wife!), and I have done some searching to find some cool snake tattoos. I have some ideas, but I am keen to see if other people have seen some snake pics they think look good. Apart from the tattoo being black and grey, possibly with a little colour, the only other consideration would be that it needs to look a little aggressive, but not with fangs out (again, thinking of the wife here). And it will probably be on my back/shoulder blade.
Any ideas would be appreciated.

LOL well if you get a tattoo get it how YOU want it not how your wife wants it,

it’s going on you right ?

wives come and go,tattoos are forever.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

member @peterpoose has an awesome snake tattoo, check it out in his album. That’s the only way I would go personally. But you could go trad, neo trad, Japanese, dot work… there are so many styles these days you really need to do some of your own research to see what jumps out at you. We can recommend stuff until we’re blue in the face but only you will know what you’re looking for.

Wolf
Participant
@wolf

why would I bother respecting my wife or her opinion…..

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

@Wolf 145385 wrote:

why would I bother respecting my wife or her opinion…..

That’s not what they meant, don’t be so sensitive. The point is that you shouldn’t regard ANYONE’s opinion about what is being permanently marked onto YOUR body over your own.

(And I have just got onto a computer where I can see the example snake tattoo posted above and I’m sorry but that shit is fucking dreadful… Please don’t get anything like that… Ever…)

Druid005
Participant
@druid005

A colored snake with with black and grey spots of skin still peeling off the snake (or vice versa) could look good. What are were you thinking of getting the tattoo?

Wolf
Participant
@wolf

I wasn’t being sensitive, and I knew the point NorCalDan was trying to make. I just thought the way he wrote his point was a bit silly. But I do need to find a pic we can agree on (and it certainly has to be something I really like!).

Call_me_Lola
Participant
@call_me_lola

Just saw this, thought you might find some inspiration here: Snake Tattoos | Inked Magazine

I especially like number 4 and number 16, but that’s probably because I’m all about the realism. The snakeskin sleeve is SICK, too.

Also, have you thought about maybe a Medusa instead of just a snake? I know that it is a bit of a departure from your original concept, but maybe wifey would like that better? Plus you would get more than one snake. Win-win!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.