peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Hi folks,

Search the Android Market Place for ‘Brag Art List’

Apple is not released yet but should be next week.

Well finally the first phase of the app on Android has gone live and can be downloaded.

I am for now just keeping the info its live to the forums for a first feel and until Apple is released, which will hopefully be next week. Then I will hit all my social medias, artists etc with the info its been released.

The description I hate lol Sounds like a Janet and John book, so that is being redone but for now you can if you wish, read the cheesyness ha! ๐Ÿ™‚

I would really appreciate if people could 5 star and write a review on it as the best thing since sliced bread lol on the actual app to help it climb in searches.

But I would really like the hard truths, feedback’s, criticisms, suggestions etc here please.

Please be brutally honest here ๐Ÿ™‚

There is a small icon in the top left corner for searching, Country, City, Town, etc or you can manually use the touch screen.

I really wanted it to launch with the links to the artists social medias to use the in phone apps instead of the browser but for now it isn’t implemented but it will be ๐Ÿ™‚ I also want to add search by artist name but that’s not for launch ๐Ÿ™‚

Artists working at the same location will show as just one marker until pressed and then it will split as it zooms in to more markers for the other artists, so don’t forget to check those out ๐Ÿ™‚

As the app gets more and more filled with artists, it will start to look like a mess I think, so I have a design solution for this to be implemented at a later date, if the app does well.

I started with 500 artists, some from my original map and some new but mostly ones from the original map. Gathering and researching every artists info and exact coordinates etc takes ages. I have another 300 ready to add and another 1500 artists to research and gather info for before uploading them.

I have/will be adding all kinds of styles to try and cater for everyone. I mean some of the ones I have found, I really do not like the style but they are well done for that type of style (I hope lol) If you guys spot any artist that you think should not be on there please also mention it below. I had so much info that I might have missed to take out some. Also the styles I don’t like but they look well done to me but I am not experienced really in these styles, so again if you see in the future anyone that you don’t think should be on the map, please say so in this thread ๐Ÿ™‚

Conventions – some have the old dates they were on and these will be changed soon as a date for them comes available but some are already available for this year.

The app is free with adverts and 99p to remove them. Apart from the money to make the apps, the support fees at the moment are ยฃ300 a month just to run the app and then of the 99p Google and Apple will take 30% aswell, minus VAT as well, greedy cunts lol So for every paid download I get like 50p lol

Anyhow, please let me know what you think, even if you think its shit, I want to know and wont be hurt or offended ๐Ÿ™‚ and how it works on your devices as we could only test it on a few handsets as I don’t own every phone in the world lol So I hope it works on everyone’s devices. I tested it on my phone which is a flag ship phone, so it runs super fast for me but I tested it on some cheaper phones and it was slower due to all the markers but that is to be expected I guess ๐Ÿ™‚

It has been made for both mobiles and tablets.

I grew up with Graffiti and that shows itself in the design, it was more a personal taste thing and I wondered if it should have been made a more sterile/simplistic design like most but then thought fuck it, I want something arty and different from the generic tattoo sites lol

What do you think of the Logo, marker designs etc?

All and any feedback welcome ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Couldn’t stand the ads for more than 5 seconds, so I bought it. Tried clicking the remove ads button, but instead clicked the ad that was beneath it. Once I went back into the app, there was no ad under the button, so I could push it then and that worked fine. Don’t have the time to look at it properly yet, but at first glance it looks really solid and functional.

Loving the graffiti. Fuck anybody that doesn’t :p

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Thanks mate ๐Ÿ™‚

Ye the ads are annoying, I am trying to get them fixed as they are not mean to pop so many times. The developer won’t touch the ads, so I’m basically a lone with no technical ability trying to get it sorted.

I am making some fixes to zoom etc.

Funny you should say about the graffiti, I love it also but the general feedback I am getting from this beta test is they think it makes it look dated to how nice and clean the app is, so I am redesigning it.

Still a ways to go but getting there ๐Ÿ™‚

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I think its brilliant. Some of my gripes have already been expresed. I wish it would auto zoom back out when going back .
    Aside frombthe limited number of artists already on it…its great.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Thanks mate ๐Ÿ™‚ yeah the zoom will be fixed. Artists take a long time to research, get all the info, get coordinates etc

I also don’t want to add to fast as others will steal the info I have worked so hard on.

I think I will release 100 New ones a month.

Do you think that’s enough?

Remember you guys already had access to the map for a year or so, so probably seems limited as your used to it ๐Ÿ™‚

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I know its gata be tough. Its a battle how far down the spectrum you want to go. Ive had to loosen my standards a bit on my instagram page just so i have enough content.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@ArniVidar 142969 wrote:

Couldn’t stand the ads for more than 5 seconds, so I bought it. Tried clicking the remove ads button, but instead clicked the ad that was beneath it. Once I went back into the app, there was no ad under the button, so I could push it then and that worked fine. Don’t have the time to look at it properly yet, but at first glance it looks really solid and functional.

Loving the graffiti. Fuck anybody that doesn’t :p

I am doing every style imaginable and also solid artists so there is some choice for a wide spectrum of people. I have found 1500 more artists. Just need to add them ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.