kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

Ok so I was last tattooed on the 17th July as some of you may know, (it looks awesome by the way, the pictures are in my album!) usually I would stick bepanthen on it a couple of times a day for about the first 3-5 days just to give it a helping hand and I have never had a problem doing it this way. However, I have super sensitive skin, get eczema, dermatitis from cleaning products etc so I decided this time to take a risk and just leave it alone. I have not put anything on it from day 1. We are now on day 10 and its is almost completely healed! There are still some flaky bits from deeper shading and some of the linework is still needing time (have you seen how many lines there are!?) but other than that its healing really well! I was wondering how many more of you find the best way to help it along is to just leave it the hell alone??

MattInked
Participant
@mattinked

I personally keep mine from drying out. This is what my artists suggest for me anyways. I have heard of artists who suggest dry healing. I’ve seen healed tattoos that were allowed to heal naturally and they turned out.

I was recently told to use coconut oil which is also good for the skin conditions you mentioned. This may be a better alternative if you want to hydrate without a potion.

Don’t get the kind that’s been pasteurized. Get the cold pressed kind that’s more translucent. Also I would suggest doing your own due diligence on the coconut oil to ensure its what you want to try.

Hope that helps!

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I don’t have any kind of reaction to bepanthen, I get on fine with it, I have just found that I don’t really need it! lol

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.