Kimmietec
    Participant
    @kimmietec

I’m getting a tattoo from Erick Holguin on February 6th and I could not be more excited. He is beyond incredible and exactly what I was looking for in a photo realistic artist. The shop he works at is Russ Abbott’s, who I would love to get an ornamental/geometric tattoo from. However, he is in high demand and only accepts new clients on a case by case basis.

Would it be rude to ask Erick for suggestions on how to make myself a more appealing potential client for Russ? After proving myself as a good client, could I maybe even ask him to put in a good word for me? Or should I just mention getting a piece from him in my proposal to Ross?

I don’t want to be disrespectful in any way, but since they primarily do different styles I was thinking it might be ok.

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

It’s fine I think. Artists don’t expect you to get tattooed only by them. I’ve been tattood by multiple artists at the same shop and they all say hi to me while I’m there and check out what the other guy is tattooing on me.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Has Erik worked on you before?

I have two people from different shops work on me in different areas. I’m thinking of both working together to join my back piece to the rest of the work.
    The three of us have planning sessions on occasion.

Talk to Erik and Russ. It could be a dynamite piece.

Kimmietec
    Participant
    @kimmietec

It’s my first time with both Erick and the shop, which is why I wanted to be sure it wouldn’t be perceived in a negative light. It could definitely be a dynamite piece, especially because I would give full artistic freedom. I just don’t want to come across as, “you’re cool and all, but this other artist..”

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Its just fine as long as you’re not a douche bag about it.

Kimmietec
    Participant
    @kimmietec

I can manage that. Thank you 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.