emilycantfly94
Participant
@emilycantfly94

Hi everyone (:

I just want to know, what does everyone think of tattoo and piercing discrimination in the workplace? And has anyone ever experienced it?

Feel share to share opinions ^^

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

It depends on what occupation you are talking about.

If I were young, I would want to be able to hide them. I’m almost 59 years old and I don’t give a shit anymore. I have a union job with 21 years seniority.

buttwheat
Participant
@buttwheat
Bobby Shock
Participant
@bobby-shock

Tattoos and piercings in the workplace should go in the same category as apparel. Different occupations require different styles and levels of professional dress.
Some people have to wear suits, others have to wear uniforms. Does it cramp your individual style? Sure it does. But you follow company policy and wear what you’re required to wear if you want to work at that place… even if the color of the uniform drains your face of all its color.

In the same way, some businesses require tats and piercings to be covered. Does it cramp your individual style? Sure it does. But you follow company policy and do what you’re required to do if you want to keep working at that place.
It’s not always discrimination; sometimes it’s just company policy.

girlytattoo
Participant
@girlytattoo

I have never experienced it but I can cover my tattoos up if I need to.

kittykat200
Participant
@kittykat200

I have had comments and complaints from customers because of my tattoos but as of yet hasn’t stopped me getting a job, but saying that I work in Security and most bouncers these days are tattooed so I guess im just lucky enough to be in an industry where it’s accepted!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.