DragonFanSA
    Participant
    @dragonfansa

Hi Guys,

I decided I wanted to get a themed dragon sleeve and eventually found a dragon I liked. I wanted a skyline of the world as an armband and a water colour background and volcano. Things seem to not come together. I like the dragon a lot even though it is not black as I wanted. I wanted a red watercolour skyline but then it came out horrendous. I asked at the next session for it to be turned black it the artist said the black will merge with the dragon and therefore he suggested a gradient which I was okay with. I find the skyline a bit untidy and want it neatened up. What do you think? Then the vocano was a disaster. It looked nothing like the picture (I had asked him to draw it before but he didn´t) The smoke looks like bubbles and the alignment is totally off from the skyline. I am not sure what to do 🙁

Before the changes to the skyline and before the volcano
    2wp8bvl.jpg

After the changes and watercolour sun added

2moz1hc.jpg

The volcano close up

vfkys5.jpg

The original Volcano pic I got the idea from:

13yne2x.jpg

Back of arm meeting of the skyline and volcano

eoilk.jpg

Original dragon pic

r2jmok.jpg

I have 1 more session left to finish the background. I want these blue tiles above the dragon and inbetween and then black tiles below the skyline and volcano forming an armband

10ztilt.jpg

What do you guys think? What do you think I can do to fix the misalignment of the volcano and the smoke that looks like bubbles?

Also, I have had 2 six hour sessions so far and the artist has not even asked to take a pic to put on insta/facebook and what not when he always uploads his work even in progress ones. So this defo shows that he knows he has done a bad job 🙁 I hope he is not on this website lmfao.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Oh wow. Both you and your artist made some pretty big mistakes with this one..
    1) Your chosen design and images do NOT work well for tattoos. Especially such a small one.
    2) Your artist should have said no to doing this tattoo in the first place. See reason 1. I can understand why he’s not posting any images.

Digital art rarely transform nicely into tattoos, because the mediums are so extremely different. You don’t just chose a brush stroke and a saturation with a tattoo, it needs to adapt to your skin, your body, the way tattoos heal etc. The blue/pink smoke might sort of work kind of with an amazing artist, on very light skin. Yours? Not so much. Never gonna be that contrasted on your skin, as in the picture. The dragon needs way more definition and depth, no such thing as bright white on skin as yours either, meaning the basics that makes the image look cool, disappear instantly on skin.

My only suggestion is really to laser it off, go find a more talented artist, but also someone who’s gonna be honest with you when your ideas suck.

DragonFanSA
    Participant
    @dragonfansa

@poxphobia 142434 wrote:

Oh wow. Both you and your artist made some pretty big mistakes with this one..
    1) Your chosen design and images do NOT work well for tattoos. Especially such a small one.
    2) Your artist should have said no to doing this tattoo in the first place. See reason 1. I can understand why he’s not posting any images.

Digital art rarely transform nicely into tattoos, because the mediums are so extremely different. You don’t just chose a brush stroke and a saturation with a tattoo, it needs to adapt to your skin, your body, the way tattoos heal etc. The blue/pink smoke might sort of work kind of with an amazing artist, on very light skin. Yours? Not so much. Never gonna be that contrasted on your skin, as in the picture. The dragon needs way more definition and depth, no such thing as bright white on skin as yours either, meaning the basics that makes the image look cool, disappear instantly on skin.

My only suggestion is really to laser it off, go find a more talented artist, but also someone who’s gonna be honest with you when your ideas suck.

Thanks for your advice. I have no idea about what is possible or not on the skin. My ideas on changing it: Cover the smoke up with paint splatter, cover the skyline up to be really structured, clean and jet black (would jet black over this brush stroke thing he did?) and touch up the dragon maybe with some black and navy blue? Or you think it is not salvageable? Would laser even remove this? He went really deep and the skyline was reworked so it has many layers of ink 🙁 FML.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Your artist was 100% right about at least one thing; Making the skyline black will completely blur it out with the dragon. Bad idea.
    paint splatter? WHY? Horrible idea. It MAY be salvageable, but you need one damn talented artist. Lasers remove everything.
    Let it heal and try to learn more about tattoos. Look at PICTURES. And don’t go yelling at your artist or blaming him for this mess, you played a big part in it too.
    Educate yourself. I’m just some random person online, you need to learn about tattoos, how they work, what you think looks good(that’s actually realistic), who does good work +++

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Wow. So the artist just took all the reference photos and smacked them on your arm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.