Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

To be blunt, Im more than just chubby.

I got a tattoo recently that I plan to turn into a full sleeve over the course of the next year, I also plan to drop some more weight over that time period.

Should I wait to get the under arm/armpit area done until after I lose weight? My tattoo artist is a hefty girl but not as big in the arm area as I am and has never done a full sleeve on a fat chick so I come to you.

Photos below of what I have so far, I plan on getting The Brotherhood duking it out on the inside arm area and then continue down to my wrist all the way around with more geek/Marvel stuff.

2ntffb5.jpg

2rq2gs6.jpg

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Why would you wait? You say you have plans to lose weight you probably do but that is something that every overweight person says, Nobody wants to be fat forever.
    Do you have a link to your tattooists work?

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

Not that the reasons for gaining weight, or the eventualities of actually losing it really need explaining but you seem to be of the assumption that I gained weight by sitting on my ass and eating twinkies.

I gained this weight because I broke my back twice and my hip once over a 5 year period and due to the latter I spent a lot of time in a wheelchair. I have a condition called PCOS that makes it extremely difficult to lose weight unless I am busting ass in a gym…which I was not cleared to do for a very long time.

So in short, yes, I will be losing about 60-80 pounds over the next year or so and have already dropped 30 in the past 5 months.

I am worried if I get my arm tattooed now and then drop a large amount of weight the art will be skewed due to skin changes/weight loss etc seeing as I have a hell of a bingo wing.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Camahta Dore 142275 wrote:

Not that the reasons for gaining weight, or the eventualities of actually losing it really need explaining but you seem to be of the assumption that I gained weight by sitting on my ass and eating twinkies.

Why the hell would you think that I assumed that? You seem very angry to make an assumption like that.
    As for your question Your tattoo should be fine with your weight loss.
    again link to your tattooists work?

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

@buttwheat 142276 wrote:

Why the hell would you think that I assumed that? You seem very angry to make an assumption like that.
    As for your question Your tattoo should be fine with your weight loss.
    again link to your tattooists work?

Im not angry at all but the “Thats something all overweight people say” was a bit condescending.

I did not know linking to my artist was a requirement.

Instagram

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Two good reasons for asking for a link to see the artist’s work: sometimes people here save people from getting sub-par work, sometimes the link helps us discover an artist we love and haven’t seen work from yet.

And I think that Buttwheat meant it in more of an “everybody” says they want to lose some weight. Because if he wanted to be condescending he would have been way more obvious about it. He would have put a little burn into it.

(I didn’t really feel like I was really part of the forum here until I got my first Buttwheat burn!)

Don’t wait, get the tattoo now. Tomorrow isn’t promised to anyone.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Dont worry about arms or lower legs. Nothing will change. Im way bigger than you and my sleeves are almost done. The only place id worry about the work being negatively effected are lower belly,ribs, upper thighs. Even if your arms get loose you can.just bulk them back out in the weight room to compensate.
    I wouldnt worry about your arms at all.

Post a link to the artists portfolio that you have chosen.

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

I posted a link above, Bananafish Tattoo Parlour Portfolio Gallery

I think when I go in first of the month I am going to discuss it again…maybe just have her avoid my bingo wing area.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

The reason that I asked for the link was that on your tattoo some of the line work has a couple of wonky spots. From the pics on the link this seems to be a common theme for her BUT the rest of her stuff looks good, Her use of color and her color saturation look good your tattoo will turn out fine. Please don’t get angry I’m just calling it as I see it.
    Bingo wings that’s hilarious.

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

@buttwheat 142306 wrote:

The reason that I asked for the link was that on your tattoo some of the line work has a couple of wonky spots. From the pics on the link this seems to be a common theme for her BUT the rest of her stuff looks good, Her use of color and her color saturation look good your tattoo will turn out fine. Please don’t get angry I’m just calling it as I see it.

Working directly off the comic art I told her to stay as true to it as possible, not sure what areas are wonky but for someone not used to comic style art the proportions can look weird (plus the whole fact that Wolverines camel-toe is all up on my arm). This was also taken during the flaky/peeling stage too.

This is the reference material, with some characters moved around.

xemqkz.jpg

Close up of some of the details, I can get pretty hung up on things but I am happy with it so far!

ja9apy.jpg

in7i2w.jpg

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

@buttwheat 142306 wrote:

Wonky spot wise, I am bias so feel free to point it out but keep in mind I demanded loyality to the original art this was take from. Its very true to comic style so to non-comic geeks the proportions can look ridiculous.

Here is the cover it is modeled after, December 1991 Uncanny X-men

25uk13b.jpg

A few more shots, the close up I posted in the OP was taken during the flakey/peely stage.

11ran0o.jpg

2ep0jh4.jpg

DragonFanSA
    Participant
    @dragonfansa

Omg your tattoo is going to be amazing. You won’t get loose skin on your arm when you loose weight

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

@DragonFanSA 142430 wrote:

Omg your tattoo is going to be amazing. You won’t get loose skin on your arm when you loose weight

Thanks! I hope so!

I go in for coloring on Tuesday and will talk details about expanding with my artist then…thinking I will do The Brotherhood on the inside of my arm and maybe a Sentinel and Apocalypse on my lower arm…not sure yet.

DragonFanSA
    Participant
    @dragonfansa

@Camahta Dore 142433 wrote:

Thanks! I hope so!

I go in for coloring on Tuesday and will talk details about expanding with my artist then…thinking I will do The Brotherhood on the inside of my arm and maybe a Sentinel and Apocalypse on my lower arm…not sure yet.

I can’t wait to see how it comes out! Good luck!

Camahta Dore
    Participant
    @camahta-dore

Second tattoo artist in a row to tell me I bleed and swell like a bitch when it comes to color.

Im also on my cycle and she thinks that may be playing a part so she called it after an hour…Im bummed, it was not painful at all but she is pretty puffy.

Im going back for Wolvie in a week, if I swell and bleed bad again after him Im just going to have her finish all the line art down to my wrist first and I will fill in with color here and there (goal was to have it ALL done by March, may not happen now) because once wedding season picks up again in March I wont be able to get as much work done.

ayulie.jpg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.