Diana90
    Participant
    @diana90

Hi

Ok so I am new here and I have 3 tattoos, one of which was done last Thursday, 30th Oct and I have some questions. My first tattoo was on my lower back and healed great and my 2nd was on my calf…again healed great but during the healing process it was difficult to see how it was going, especially the one on my back. The leg tattoo I could see but it was difficult to have a real good look.

So my recent tattoo was on my wrist, about 3cm down from the bottom of the palm of my hand. As it’s there I can see it everyday and watch it heal. So…the tattoo didn’t scab at all and round Sunday it begin looking wrinkly and shiny and yesterday it began to peel. This I know is normal and I know during healing it will look pretty awful and in parts will look faded. Mine however….in a certain part doesn’t look faded it looks as if my skin is showing through. I dunno If this is normal or what is called the silver skin stage…milky stage. I couldn’t really tell if this happened on my previous tattoos due to where they were.

I didn’t scratch it, nor peel it and have been washing it and applying Banpanthen 3 times a day and been wearing lose clothing. As you can see from the picture, atm it is looking pretty awful as it heals, but if you look to the left of the tattoo you will see what I mean regarding the skin coming through. And its like that again on the 4th circle below S14.

IMG_20141105_125219_zps2c2b2253.jpg Photo by DianaV90 | Photobucket

jennydb
    Participant
    @jennydb

I don’t really see it…?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Looks like the big pad was extended after initial outline and it just isnt saturated well. Its poorly executed.

Diana90
    Participant
    @diana90

Look at the pad of the law…and then to the left of it…it looks a different shade to the rest and its the same on the fourth circle below S14.

Diana90
    Participant
    @diana90

I am sorry but I dont follow? I am not really clued up on this all, I know the basics and that is it. Can you explain further please?

jennydb
    Participant
    @jennydb

@Diana90 142041 wrote:

Look at the pad of the law…and then to the left of it…it looks a different shade to the rest and its the same on the fourth circle below S14.

Oh, I thought that was just the shading done by the artist…?

Diana90
    Participant
    @diana90

No shading at all. The tattoo was all black

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

It’s quite simply not well made. The artist did a bad job, most of the lines are blown out (ink seeping out of the actual line where it’s supposed to stay), caused by going to deep/placing the needle wrongly, aka badly done job. The black in the circles almost seem to have been done with two different shades of black (as done to shade), but if that’s not intentionally, it’s just not done correctly.

Oh and I merged your posts, as one is enough 🙂

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

It’s not a healing problem, it is a poorly done tattoo. The black is very uneven and in addition to the blow outs, it looks like they couldn’t even colour within the lines.

And it is upside down. But you probably asked for that. 🙁

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

IMG_20141105_125219_zps2c2b2253.jpg

Just a poorly done tattoo. Was it done professionally?

Diana90
    Participant
    @diana90

I find it hard to believe the lady who did this…just simply did a poor job. The blow outs are no longer seen but the ink I know has not taken well. The artist has been in the trade for 30yrs…julies tattoo studio, check out the site. Btw the tattoo is right way up to me and that little bit on the left of that picture just outside the pad has gone…it was just some peeling hanging over.

I will be going back so they can fix it because I do trust her as my other two…now look awesome. Can it be fixed and how long do I wait?? I was told by my studio 8wks so its fully healed up.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Length of experience is no longer a requisite for quality. Youve got guys tattooing for a couple years and are absolutely killing it.
    It is poorly executed, No matter what your opinion of the artist is. Its a risky move letting the artist that messed it up try to fix it.
    Do what you think is right. Good luck on the fix.

Diana90
    Participant
    @diana90

Well an update….I visited another studio and they explained something. One thing being the ink didnt take well and the second being that the needles used….one wasnt fitted correctly. Cause 3-5 needles are used but it seems that a needle may have been too short, ergo no hitting the point where the needles met.

If that is the case…then my artist isnt poor or awful, little mishap with the gun. Either way..all I care about is getting it touched up/fixed, do you think it can?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@Diana90 142059 wrote:

Well an update….I visited another studio and they explained something. One thing being the ink didnt take well and the second being that the needles used….one wasnt fitted correctly. Cause 3-5 needles are used but it seems that a needle may have been too short, ergo no hitting the point where the needles met.

If that is the case…then my artist isnt poor or awful, little mishap with the gun. Either way..all I care about is getting it touched up/fixed, do you think it can?

I know it’s hard to hear but your tattooist is shit. She has been tattooing for 30 years and used the wrong needles? WTF that is apprentice shit.

Is this the place? Tattoos & Body Piercing | Julie’s Tattoo Studio in Kempston, Bedford – Home Page

I’m sorry I wouldn’t ever go back there except to demand my money back and to kick her in the twat for putting that on me

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Sorry, that tattoo looks like it was don be an inexperienced apprentice.

If Julie’s been tattooing like that for 30 years, I’d start a class action law suit.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.