OldManJenkins
    Participant
    @oldmanjenkins

I’m just curious if people saw this on someone what it would mean to them?

I’m planning on getting a word tattoo on my inner wrist area… Kinda like this. Olivia+Wilde+Tattoos+Lettering+Tattoo+McloMZQWRYEl.jpg

It would say either, “Coastin” or “Coastin on a dream”. The Coastin part would be a little bit bigger and the “on a dream” would go below it in smaller letters.

One of my friends said that if it’s just coastin it would seem like I’m expressing laziness. For me it’s just going with the flow.

Got the idea from a song named Zion I – Coastin’

Zion I- Coastin' (official music video) – YouTube

I just want some opinions… that’s all.

Thanks!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t recommend ANY text tattoos.

A picture is worth 1000 words.

Get a great tattoo artist to design a tattoo specifically for you.

OldManJenkins
    Participant
    @oldmanjenkins

@Sam-I-Am 142020 wrote:

Welcome to the forum.

I don’t recommend ANY text tattoos.

A picture is worth 1000 words.

Get a great tattoo artist to design a tattoo specifically for you.

I feel its unique. A text may be a thousand words but you’re the key holder to the meaning.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

It’s everything but unique, but hey, if it’s what you want, go for it.
    If I saw it, I probably wouldn’t even notice, and surely not give it a second glance.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

It would come off to me as someone that has no imagination and follows the latest trends. To each their own engoy your quote tattoo as many are enjoying their tribal arm bands, nautical stars, sugar skulls Etc.

OldManJenkins
    Participant
    @oldmanjenkins

@buttwheat 142025 wrote:

It would come off to me as someone that has no imagination and follows the latest trends. To each their own engoy your quote tattoo as many are enjoying their tribal arm bands, nautical stars, sugar skulls Etc.

Almost every tattoo that I see doesn’t have that “WOW” factor. Everything has the same idea most of the time. I’ve only seen one good looking tattoo in person which was of a very trippy looking owl on the upper chest of a woman. Lol.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Youre really going with the flow then. It fits. Every tattoo you see is bad so you want a bad tattoo. It works. I say go for it.

OldManJenkins
    Participant
    @oldmanjenkins

@jerryatrophy 142028 wrote:

Youre really going with the flow then. It fits. Every tattoo you see is bad so you want a bad tattoo. It works. I say go for it.

Lmao. Meh, idgaf. I checked your album out and I don’t know if those are your tats or not, but some of them aren’t so great. Haters gonna hate.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@OldManJenkins 142030 wrote:

Lmao. Meh, idgaf. I checked your album out and I don’t know if those are your tats or not, but some of them aren’t so great. Haters gonna hate.

Mine have gotten better because i listened and learned from this forum. laser treatments and reworks are what you get when you dont give a fuck. Youll see.

Thanks for reminding me though, i need to update my album.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

So what you’re saying is.. You think most tattoos look bad, you want people to tell you your own tattoo idea is awesome, then to piss on the tattoos of the people trying to give you their honest opinion? Great strategy, really. You asked for opinions, you got them. Too bad it’s not what you wanted to hear, but a quick look around this forum would have told you we’re big on honesty here. It’s part of getting tattooed, not everyone is going to love it as much as you do, and at some point you have to learn how to deal with that.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

On a side note, Zion I is legit.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

How would it look to me? I probably wouldn’t take much notice of it and wouldn’t even try to see what it said. Depending on your age I would assume that you and your teenage sister or daughter or grand daughter got matching tattoos. That seems to be the age range for the trendy typeface print on the wrist tattoos.

But get what you want. Just get it done well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.