jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

So i wanted to start a thread to be able to discuss what we want to do/have done next. A thread for discussing who our next appointments are with, or who we want them to be with. Subject ideas and styles. To ask for/give advice. Pretty much anything to keep the dialogue going.
    So if you feel like sharing im sure we all want to hear.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ill start it off.
    On the other forum ive been asking for advice on reworking my b&g cthulhu. Ive gone with a muted color pallette on the lower part of my sleeve and it has made the b&g look even worse. Ive contacted a few artists that either didnt respond or were not willing to help me rework this. Everyone ive talked to in person has said that it was doable since its so light and with so much negative space.

Ive also changed my mind yet again on my next appointment. I am now leaning heavily towards Les Collier.
    I want a neo/stylized orb weaver. If youre on my instagram then youve seen the refrence pic.
    Anyway thats all for now.

scubaron
    Participant
    @scubaron

I have the below tattoo on the front of my thigh just above the knee cap. It’s based on a carved wooden mask of a Bali goddess.

I want to expand on the tattoo adding something on the side of my thigh and maybe a little above. Don’t want to go down the leg.

I contacted the original artist, but he has not responded yet. Not really sure what would look good next to this. Maybe some negative space and then shading to a geometric or ornamental design ?

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Emailed 2 artists yestersay. Hopefully i can get my “2015” ducks in a row soon.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Everybody is so hush hush around here. Lol. Speak up people! I know you all have plans and appts coming up. No need to keep secrets. 😉
    I am currently working on appts with les collier, and sean herman.
    Planning a leg sleeve with sean. Ankle to knee. Subject matter isnt nailed down yet. Its just time for legs.
    Is it tabboo or something to talk about this stuff? Cause it doesnt bother me.

yodaddynukka
    Participant
    @yodaddynukka

The only thing that is official for me at the moment is James Tex at the Summit Convention! Super excited as the line up of that convention is insane. 

Also have Victor Portugal but we haven’t set a date yet. He asked me to go to Poland the same weekend as the Bay Area Tattoo Convention so I couldn’t do it.

Nikko Hurtado is tattooing me, I think, at ink n iron but we haven’t set dates 100%.

Verbal commitment from: Adrian Lee, Grime, Domantas.

EDIT: revolving appointments with Jess Yen, Robert Pho, Carlos Torres

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@yodaddynukka 142094 wrote:

The only thing that is official for me at the moment is James Tex at the Summit Convention! Super excited as the line up of that convention is insane. 

Also have Victor Portugal but we haven’t set a date yet. He asked me to go to Poland the same weekend as the Bay Area Tattoo Convention so I couldn’t do it.

Nikko Hurtado is tattooing me, I think, at ink n iron but we haven’t set dates 100%.

Very nice. James tex does fantastic work.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I don’t have anything planned until next October – got a verbal YES from Randy Englehard to fill in the last spot on my masquerade sleeve when he comes back to Canada next October. It will be done when he is doing a guest spot in Grande Prairie, Alberta. Not my first choice as a vacation destination, but I’m pretty excited. He was at the top of my list for that spot on my arm!! After talking to him I was all smiles all day long.

I thought that was going to be the end of my sleeve, but I was talking to Mike Devries at the Calgary convention and he suggested that I add to the top of it. And by the way he was eyeing it up I think he might have some ideas, so if some cash falls into my lap I just might hit him up. He did the first one on there so it would be kinda cool to have him cap it off.

I will probably get a little bit of touch up work done locally between now and October, I’ve been putting it off but I’d like to have it done before I head down to the Evergreen convention in the spring. Sadly I don’t think that I will be getting anything there. But … you never know.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@jerryatrophy 142095 wrote:

Very nice. James tex does fantastic work.

He has been posting some amazing sketches lately. Can’t wait to see what he does on you, yodaddynukka!

scubaron
    Participant
    @scubaron

@yodaddynukka 142094 wrote:

Holy cow, you’ve got some real super stars there.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well I’ll be meeting up with Remis sometime during feb/march to finish the piece in Thailand and hang out a bit (strange how good friends you can make a in a few hours!) whenever we sort that out. I hope to get in with Elvis young and someone else during my time in south east asia, but who knows… Haha I’ll be getting some work done anyways!
    Then after that my only real plan is Nikko Hurtado during/after stockholm or london convention next year, for a Yoda piece 🙂 He said he’d be honored to tattoo me, so I’ll take that as verbal confirmation, haha! Also intend on seeing Marius Meyer sometime next year, haven’t actually talked to him yet but should be easy enough to get in 🙂 And I’ve got some minor stuff planned with local artists/friends that are very talented and I need work done from, but no famous names 😉 I may drop by the US after asia, and if I do, I do plan on getting in with Tim kern. (if anyone knows of anyone awesome in new orleans, let me know!)We’ve planned it out twice now, so hopefully third time’s the charm!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I emailed tim kern the other day at the recommendation from a forum member about reworking my cthulhu. Havent heard anything yet. Cautiously optimistic.

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

@jerryatrophy 142109 wrote:

I emailed tim kern the other day at the recommendation from a forum member about reworking my cthulhu. Havent heard anything yet. Cautiously optimistic.

I’ve e-mailed him twice and always heard back 🙂 First time it took like three days and he apologized for taking so long….!

scubaron
    Participant
    @scubaron

I’ve found correspondence with artists a little unpredictable. Quick, slow, no response at all. I’m know the popular ones get tons of emails and I think they each deal with it in a different way.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

I found another talented artist in georgia. About an hour from me. Jason lawyer @sketchylawyer
    Senoia georgia. Cornerstonetattoos.com might have to see whats what when i ride thru this weekend.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.