Detroit
    Participant
    @detroit

Which one of these 2 tattoo sleeve ideas would you most likely compliment and think was extremely cool and envy. Basically “wow that guy’s tattoos were better than everyone elses”..

A sleeve like this consisting of stuff like koi fish on the lower proportion..
    http://static.squarespace.com/static/530bc171e4b0ee38396ef4b5/53107bc0e4b0d9c24dab601a/53107c97e4b0fa45b5f7fda1/1393589405263/leftarm4.jpg

Or a sleeve consisting of the japanese myth demon, the 9 tailed fox, kinda done like this
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BD0jihSCMAAAXbQ.jpg

I appreciate all of your opinions. I really do care about your advice so lets hear it.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

The first one isnt great. Cant really see the second one. So neither of them are going to make me jealous.

Detroit
    Participant
    @detroit
    jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

The imagery is less important than the execution. The artist is the biggest decision. I personally dont care for either of the two you posted. Are you looking for ideas for yourself or what?

Detroit
    Participant
    @detroit

It’s going to be done by john montgomery. I’m asking in a way like which is more presentable and interesting looking. I don’t give a f*** about teen girls thinking “tattoos are hot”, I want something that lots of people will notice and think it looks different than everyone else’s tattoos. I’m not going to copy those btw, it’s what i’m going to show john to give him ideas. Basically a 9 tailed fox demon sleeve or a traditional japanese sleeve with something like that guardian/bamboo, etc.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ok now were on the same page. He does good work. I can dig the story behind the demon fox.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I would rethinnk your choice of tattooist for someone that lives across the country http://www.inkandhonor.com/interviews/tattoo-artists/john-montgomery/

Try Erin Chance she would nail that Erin Chance Tattoo | Tattoo

BertNaked
    Participant
    @bertnaked

Mitch Lucker had some awesome tattoos, but that one on the arm – not one of those.

BrettCantrell
    Participant
    @brettcantrell

I didn’t really like either of the tattoos that you showed. . . that being said, I think that a sleeve with Japanese style, Horiyoshi type, demons and such would be pretty cool.tatouage-japonais-horiyoshi-III-13.jpg

TattooTShirtClub
    Participant
    @tattootshirtclub

Either idea can be great depending on your artist. IMO the 9 tailed demon fox as an entire sleeve would be confusing. If you just mean it as part of the sleeve (upper or lower) that could work out well. It sounds like your artist has a good reputation so I would pitch both ideas and see what he comes up with.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.