djrell
    Participant
    @djrell

Do you guys prefer a one-piece sleeve, or do you prefer having a “sleeve” or high coverage of your arm(s) from many different pieces?

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

Most of the sleeves that I admire the most were designed and done by a single artist, but I never planned on sleeving my arm when I got a REALLY excellent tattoo on my upper arm. Then another artist whose work I admire came to a convention in my city and I couldn’t pass up the opportunity to get a piece from him. Fast forward a couple of years and I only have room for one more tattoo on my arm. (There’s a hole in my sleeve!) So far I have work from 4 different artists on it, but most people assume that the 5 pieces were all done by one artist because I picked artists with similar styles. I also stuck to one theme. Each piece stands well on its own, but together they flow nicely and I am VERY pleased with the result.

So my preference is a single cohesive sleeve, I have just gone about it a little differently. And got to meet some amazing artists along the way. ๐Ÿ˜€

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Well I like both. One of my arms is done by one artist, it is however many smaller images put together through a theme and background. (If I had to do it over I’d get a more planned out one though… ;P )
    But my other one is different. So far it’s three pieces by artists I absolutely love, but about as different as could be ๐Ÿ˜› One mainly b&g with lots of blue, one b&g, and one that’s gonna be hyper realism in full color… Still no idea how to finish it off, might throw some old school in there just for the hell of it :p

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

My arms are a mashup. I am planning a single artits leg sleeve though.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Mine was by a single artist but both can look great ๐Ÿ™‚

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Get want you like and want.
    I like both

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.