markh
    Participant
    @markh

I got the bottom portion of this about 15 years ago and the skull about 10. I want to expand on it to widen it and would love some suggestions. At first I was thinking about two skulls on either side of the original kind of facing out or was also thinking swallows flying down the sides somehow. Is the tattoo traditional enough to stick with traditional stuff added to it?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Laser it and then get a giant panther head

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Anything you add to it is goin to make the original work look old and faded. Plan on having it reworked at some point.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Find a qualified tattoo artist and discuss your options.

Keep us posted.

markh
    Participant
    @markh

@Sam-I-Am 141214 wrote:

Find a qualified tattoo artist and discuss your options.

Keep us posted.

I am going to get a qualified artist. There are some very good ones in the Baltimore area. Just asking for some opinions. My plan is to also have it reworked. Definitely not lasering or Panther head.

markh
    Participant
    @markh

Could this be covered up without lasering? I have been very interested in owl tattoos.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@markh 141216 wrote:

Could this be covered up without lasering? I have been very interested in owl tattoos.

Yes it could but chances are that it will become a big blob.
    Why is everyone so adverse to lasering.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

@buttwheat 141218 wrote:

I don’t want to sound like an asshole but I believe the answer is ignorance. That’s the main reason I wanted to go ahead and get mine started….so I wouldn’t be. Granted with all the blues and greens it would take more sessions for the ops specifically, but It’s already pretty light though. I’d imagine pride plays into it also. Having to admit to yourself that it’s something you’d rather not live with anymore could be a big step for some people. The actual removal process is no big deal though.

To the op. if you are serious about a cover up look into lasering as an option. It’ll greatly improve the way the final cover up looks.
    And it’s more affordable than you’d imagine. Granted it hurts….but that’s just temporary.

markh
    Participant
    @markh

@buttwheat 141218 wrote:

Well I actually like the tattoo. I want to add to it. Seth Cifferi did the skull and the lotus tattoo was done by Dave Waugh. I was just asking for ideas for conversation sake.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

Just get them reworked then. They look 100 years old

markh
    Participant
    @markh

@buttwheat 141235 wrote:

Just get them reworked then. They look 100 years old

They aren’t that faded. It is more the camera and lighting but thanks for the complement.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.