gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

So I’ve gotten a few tattoos, none of which have multiple things going on, rather they’re more directly copied off a reference image. I want a piece that includes a few things, woods, river, canoe, etc. from Russ Abbott. He seems to draw up great stuff, so would I just go to him with the idea or would it be wise to take in photos of trees and rivers I like? I’d take in a photo of the exact canoe, but could the rest be left up to him without any reference material? It seems like scenery would be easy to create without a reference…

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

It never hurts to give them reference pictures that show them what direction you are thinking, so that you both know that you are on the same page. But it ALWAYS helps to give an artist of that caliber the freedom to draw it as they ‘see’ it, and how it will best fit (both on the body and with the flow of the piece).

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I generally say a theme i Like which I try to match to the style of the artist and send over a few reference pics based on what I like, the shape, placement of the tattoo and where it would fit best 🙂

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Good luck nailing Russ down. I want to see the new shop….Preferably at an appt. But I’m not holding my breath.

gobeavers
    Participant
    @gobeavers

@jerryatrophy 140929 wrote:

Good luck nailing Russ down. I want to see the new shop….Preferably at an appt. But I’m not holding my breath.

I’m not sure exactly when I’ll get it, but sometime in the next few years. I think he goes to the Portland, OR tattoo expo, so that’s where I’d try and catch him.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.