Stefanie.Neel23
    Participant
    @stefanie-neel23

I am trying to find a tattoo that can symbolize my hardship in life. Just a glimpse of my life my father walked out when my mom was only 6 months pregnant with me and then consistently walked into and back out of my life until I was 8. My mother was in the military and always had us moving. And she was so ‘worried’ that I needed a ‘daddy” she married several times. I have a man made ear, I was born pigeoned toed and I have had some worse things happen to me through out my life. I lost two very close women to me back in 2004. And my life has been getting better but I am still harshly judged by my family for my tattoos. I want one tattoo to show even though I had some hard times in life and was expected to not live have a tattoo that shows I never gave up. I now have two kids a husband a loving dog and loving cat. I just want people to see that I don’t give up. Please assist me. Thank you all for seeing my post and helping me.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Dung beetle pushing his dungball up a steep hill. Neo traditional. I can see it now.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I don’t think getting a tattoo symbolizing your moms bad life decisions is a good idea.

Get a Japanese koi swimming upstream

Stefanie.Neel23
    Participant
    @stefanie-neel23

@buttwheat 140955 wrote:

I don’t think getting a tattoo symbolizing your moms bad life decisions is a good idea.

Get a Japanese koi swimming upstream

Sam I Am your flow chart is cute it made me laugh a little. And buttwheat where a lot are lost is see yes they were all my mothers mistakes and hardships. But me being her child is being with her I was exposed to it also. So even though they were her hard times they became mine. I am a very shy woman with very little people skills. And as a child I was much worse. So the constant moving and new schools and new dads were very scary and hard for me to deal with. And then we didn’t live on base cause of my mom having me so we lived in low income sections of towns. I was also exposed to so much more than any child my age should have been exposed to. And the koi sounds so beautiful. Thank you buttwheat.

Stefanie.Neel23
    Participant
    @stefanie-neel23

@jerryatrophy 140947 wrote:

Dung beetle pushing his dungball up a steep hill. Neo traditional. I can see it now.

Sounds cute. But no…. Not for me personally. Thank you though.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Ijs they’re very strong and determined. Poop part aside….the dung beetle is very noble.
    I tried. Good luck.

Edit: I think I’m going to tuck this idea into my “potential” folder in my brain.

pidjones
    Participant
    @pidjones

BW’s fish swimming upstream is brilliant (guess I’ve not read enough of his posts yet to expect it). If not a koi, how about a rainbow trout swimming upstream? Beautiful fish, heroic fighter, adaptable to salt (called a steelhead salmon) or fresh water.

tbos42
    Participant
    @tbos42

Knitrocks
    Participant
    @knitrocks

What about a peacock or a peacock feather? They symbolize immortality, and I believe you are “immortal” because you survived all the shit that happened in your life?

Johnny Means
    Participant
    @johnny-means

I could give you the perfect symbol to represent all your hardships, your struggles, your triumphs, your defeats, your loves, your joys, your power, your frailty, your fears, your heroism, your greatness, your grace, your beauty, your wisdom, your spirituality and your passion. I could give you the a symbol that would strip your soul bare, exposed like a skinned rabbit to be devoured by the hunter. It would shine your very essence so brightly anyone seeing it would have your ghost burned into their retinas for life. I could give you this, but it wouldn’t mean squat to you.

In my work (furniture maker), I spend a lot of time talking to clients about what they like and what they find meaningful. In the end, they think I’ve come up with a design, but all I really did was pull the design out of them. You need to think about the moments and events in your life and figure out something or things that ties them together or somethings that made it all right. After you have some ideas, whatever thy might be, then an artist can turn your ideas into a design.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.