vinex08
Participant
@vinex08

Hello!

Recently i just knew about strokes in rotaries.

Long = 4.2mm
Medium = 3.5mm
Short = 2mm

some rotaries are adjusttable, what about coils?

I saw in the forums that Long stroke is used for packing colors and medium or short is used for getting a smooth shading.

and for lining, some use 2mm some used long strokes( 4.2mm,,).. that’s why i got confused.

What is you preferred stroke for the ff:

Line ( Thick Bold Lines ) =
Line ( regular Lines ) =
Smooth BnG shade =
Fully Saturated Color =

Ofcourse knowing those thing will give me improvement. I also want to ask how can i know the stroke of my Liner and Shader. I’m using coil machines bought from Tattoosupershop(USA). they cost about $100 each.

Last question! ๐Ÿ™‚

how many mm should i go down deep into the skin?

Liner: 2mm?
Shader: 1.8mm?

Hope you answer my questions!
Thank you so much!

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

These are technical questions that I don’t think are allowed on this forum.

Are you a professional tattoo artist? If you are, you should know these things.

How many years have you served as an apprentice? There is a section here for professional artists, ,try there. If you tattoo in your kitchen or basement kindly fuck off.

vinex08
Participant
@vinex08

Kindly delete this thread, i’ll be an apprentice in a week or so.. i just want to get my self prepared with the technical info.
I have been tattooing on pig skin and foam pads

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@vinex08 140330 wrote:

Kindly delete this thread, i’ll be an apprentice in a week or so.. i just want to get my self prepared with the technical info.

You are jumping the gun my friend. You must read the thread “So you want to be a tattoo artist” in the general tattoo forum.

AGAIN! You will not get technical information here.

(If you want this thread deleted you will have to appeal to a moderator)

Sam-I-Am
Participant
@sam-i-am

@vinex08 140330 wrote:

I hope you realize that as an apprentice you will be learning a hell of a lot more than just tattooing. Important things like cleanliness, sanitation, stocking supplies, customer service, setting up a station prior to tattooing, breaking down a station after tattooing, and many more things that make a professional tattoo shop be successful.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt. Post some pictures of your work. Your drawings, and your work on the pig skins and foam pads.

poxphobia
Participant
@poxphobia

Technical questions are not allowed on this forum. You’re welcome to open up a new thread if you want to display your drawings, and your work once you are an apprentice in a professional studio, but no scratcher work ๐Ÿ™‚
Tattooing is about a LOT more than those tiny technical details, and I asure you, once you start tattooing professionally, those 100$ machines won’t cut it for long!
Good luck on your apprenticeship, I’m closing this thread now ๐Ÿ™‚

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Strokes COIL and Skin Depth’ is closed to new replies.