annelieserubyx
    Participant
    @annelieserubyx

Hi,

I love tattoos. and if I could, I would cover myself in them! Unfortunately I have to think about the future and as I can’t be a gorgeous alternatiave model who looks amazing and gets paid and can be covered I have limited myself to a few that I want.
    I aspire to be a photographer for weddings and I can see being covered in tattoo’s possibly losing me some work (I hate that appearence means you are less qualified in some peoples opinions, but thats a different matter, this is just how I see it. I do want to achieve my dream job so I am putting that first.. no disrespect to anyone as I am in envy of all you sleeved up beauties!)

My first tattoo I got done this February, it is a linear rose that I drew up myself
    Instagram
    Instagram

You can just see it there on me, nothing special but as it was my first tattoo I didn’t know how I would handle the pain etc so wanted to just do it bit by bit.
    Turned out I am not bothered by tattoo guns in the slightest so wasn’t too much longer when I had thought about how I wanted it finished..
    I went through a lot of ideas and eventually decided to add another little rose and get it watercoloured in purple and blue. I wanted it different, I didn’t want it block coloured like my familys, I just wanted something unusual. I am a Photography student and I have always been arty so this really felt right for me.
    I LOVED it when I walked out the shop. Was in complete love but it turned out it seems to be hit and miss with everyone, some ‘LOVE IT’ like me, others give me an :confused: 😮 awkward ‘oh yeah. its erm really pretty’ ‘whys the colour running?’ kind of answer and this has began to play on my mind.

I wanted to know, if theres any way I can fade it? Especially the blue as, in total honesty, I did give the artist total artistic freedom.. I said “Ive seen your other watercolours and I trust you, just have fun and make it awesome, only thing is I want it PALE purple and PALE blue..” I did emphasise pale but I do think my blue maybe a bit too dark for me :/ ?

Anyways, heres some photos.. of it now etc
    Instagram

before and after

Instagram

about 24 hours old, stinging like maaddd

Instagram

nearly healed completely.. terrible lighting on that image!

http://instagram.com/p/o9cYShKeiS

fully healed in the bright sunshine today

– The reason I am starting to let this get to me is because, I have always wanted at least a rose as a tattoo because my dad died when I was young, the song that gets me everytime and always reminds me of him is Bon Jovi’s Bed of Roses.. It was played at his funeral and it means a lot so I would love some honest opinions, not too much insulting if you dislike it completely but yeah. Just something to perhaps ease my mind..
    My auntie told me today to always be different, have something unique to you.. she’s in the process of getting a sleeve so I am not surrounded by tattoo haters it’s just mine seems to be hit and miss 🙁

I would like to know if there is a way I can lighten the blue perhaps with some white ink? I don’t want to go through laser surgery as I don’t want it removed just lightened and I cannot afford that! So any useful helpful tips, maybe something even natural or DIY? obviously a safe sort of one 🙂

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Sorry, it appears you can’t link to Instagram pics with the IMG code.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

A picture is worth a shit ton of words

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

I see the pictures just fine!

Why would you want to go lighter? I think this is still at a point that you can make it a beautiful tattoo with a watercolour theme.

Personally I would go really arty and add lots of splashes of subtle colours. White ink is not a good idea, its really meant too be used just for highlights as it turns brown after a while so the less the better. Much better to use negative space.

Some examples,

2vtz9j5.jpg

29kyrs4.jpg

33p8op0.jpg

29ncy75.png

21d2a0y.jpg

0hmanda
    Participant
    @0hmanda

@peterpoose 140306 wrote:

I see the pictures just fine!

Why would you want to go lighter? I think this is still at a point that you can make it a beautiful tattoo with a watercolour theme.

Personally I would go really arty and add lots of splashes of subtle colours. White ink is not a good idea, its really meant too be used just for highlights as it turns brown after a while so the less the better. Much better to use negative space.

I agree. I like the tattoo so far, and I think it would be beautiful with the splashes and colors added. I don’t think it’s too dark at all! Of course, that’s just my opinion. (:

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Awesome! Love the colors!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.