@blafive

Hey…I would just like to hear/see which one you like better:

4bd9f5e8967111e3af4a12d098db3ed5_8.jpg

Or

57355f021142e1e17da80126cdb26af1.jpg

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

The second one is awful. First one is ok at best.

Hope this helps.

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

@Amok 138943 wrote:

The second one is awful. First one is ok at best.

Agreed!

The poll is missing a “Neither” option.

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

God I hope these aren’t on they both are done horribly.
    The feather one is a bit better of a design but is done poorly

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I don’t care for either one. Get a tattoo artist to design something specifically for you.

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

NO INFINITY SYMBOLS! If you get one, I promise I’ll find out where you live and chase you down your driveway!

Feathers have the potential to be cool, but get something less played out than that.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Neither, both are super boring and unimaginative 🙂

Amok
    Participant
    @amok

@GrayCatLove 138950 wrote:

NO INFINITY SYMBOLS! If you get one, I promise I’ll find out where you live and chase you down your driveway!

with poop on a stick.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

I agree with everyone else here. Neither. They’re both so boring and lack any sort of creativity.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Turtles….

MaCheenIt
    Participant
    @macheenit

Actually, they both have POTENTIAL.
    I would seek out an artist that has examples (tat not drawings) study the photos of his/her tat work, find art that resonates with you and then have your ink finished.

BOTH tattoos are not “HORRIBLE” they should be viewed as INCOMPLETE, or unfinished. The artist that inked them still has a ways to go, so seek a different artist(s) The tats are NOT scratch, they are simply without flair or proper execution.

The first one would be made really nice with some very proportional filigree, and complimenting “lady” art; flowers and birds, and some finish to the feather. lighter pastel colors, in a shaded effect, and remember, less is more. Avoid taking it above the lower fore arm, graduated blend to finer lines. Take your time with the artist to arrive at a really tasteful, personally pleasing and meaningful ink.

The second one can be finished into a mesmerizing Celtic weave very easily by an artist that specializes in such. It doesn’t have to be overly intricate, however, that could be the start of a very wild and desirable weave that follows along the arm. You can also organize the weave to frame meaningful moments in your life. If that is a symbol of something only you know and understand, fuck anyone’s opinion. If a symbol has a deep meaning, and it is inked true, opinion flies out the window.

“HEY! What the fuck is that tattoo supposed to be?”

“It is supposed to be personal, it represents how my life must adapt to survive in a vast and inhospitable universe.”

“It looks like shit”

“WOW! That is so meaningless, just like you!”

BOTH TATS will be spectacular with the RIGHT artists. You are not obligated to have both done by the same artist, and DO NOT EVER just blindly let a tattoo artist “SUPRISE” you with his/her vision. If an artist says they have the “PERFECT” fix, or idea, ask them to first draw it out, and STUDY it. If the artist asks a small charge for the drawing regardless of whether it will become ink, that IS fair, but agree on the price first.

YOUR SKIN, YOUR DESIRE! The best artists are ones who have an open mind and are receptive to what a person is asking for in a tattoo, and will work with you to create a work of art. Speak up and make it clear what you want! Tattoos can be as bold as Caesar, or light and wispy like smoke. My personal opinion is: With females, very artistic, feminine subjects, and placement for striking effect when she is unclothed. I.E. a pair of proportioned cattails along the spine, an unusual but beautiful vine and flower around the thigh. I saw a girl with a very lightly lined, masterfully colored tropical beach, “viewed from the ocean” on her back. It almost seemed she had been born with it. But it is the individual AND the tattoo, so if she can walk with a demon skull and pull it off, then hell yah!

Take your time, and have your tats finished. Be sure to show them off here YAH?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

@MaCheenIt 139091 wrote:

DO NOT EVER just blindly let a tattoo artist “SUPRISE” you with his/her vision. If an artist says they have the “PERFECT” fix, or idea, ask them to first draw it out, and STUDY it.

I couldn’t disagree more. I have a list of artists that could have absolute free rein on what ever they what to do.

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Never listen to advice from someone who calls them “tats”

Amen buttwheat.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@buttwheat 139102 wrote:

I couldn’t disagree more. I have a list of artists that could have absolute free rein on what ever they what to do.

Over the last year all I’ve offered are suggestions. Free rein?

I’ll find out for sure if this is a wise move after my all day session at the convention in Baltimore.

MaCheenIt
    Participant
    @macheenit

@buttwheat 139102 wrote:

@buttwheat 139102 wrote:

That is some wonderful trust, and you probably aren’t picky about what is put under your skin.

I have a nephew who went to a highly recommended artist in San Diego while in the navy. Nephew said he wanted his surname across his back, shoulder to shoulder.
    Nephew was trying to decide on the font. Artist said, “I know exactly what you should have.” the kid trusted him. Guy did an OUTSTANDING intricate old english font. Only problem, first letter was LOWER CASE.

Girl I went out with wanted a “cute” baby dragon peeking over her boob. she even explained that. Artist said he had an “idea” she would really love. Didn’t explain it, and the art itself was great, but she has a very sinister dragon with a claw semi wrapping the boob. She ended up taking him to court.

If you are an ink pad, then go in your shorts with a blindfold on BY ALL MEANS! (Shorts so that the tattoo can be put where it works best/Blindfold so you get the neat thrill of that first look of the finished ink.) I personally have seen bad results of artists that said trust me, and the two above were artists that were/are professionals. If YOU want PARTICULAR or SPECIFIC art, you find an artist that works with you, and you have them sketch the tattoo prior to inking it.

Finally, there is a butt-ton of bad ink out there. When you see some, ask the story behind it. ALL ink is done on trust, and all ink is judged. but when it MATTERS, you do a little research, and you set it up with the artist beforehand. That extra step is well worth it.

Not everyone WANTS a flaming skull peeling out of a face, while holding a sword, (also with flames) and the smoke billowing into devil inspired facial contortions, yadda, yadda. you could wind up with that. If you DON’T like it, what then? laser removal at three to five times the cost of the tattoo? To each their own. The tattoos that started this thread are the work of somebody in the tattoo world, and every artist started on the skin of a trusting individual.

If the opportunity becomes manifest, there is a situation where I would choose to have a tattoo done without hesitation, not even asking the artist what is planned. By a Maori, old school method. Ta Moko is as real as tattoo gets, and the old school method requires far more commitment. The artists? Fucking Da Vinci scribbles with crayon next to them. The machine? needle sharp bone in a stick, and the tattoo might take several weeks at a couple hours a day. You really have to want, and you really understand the signifigance, with Ta Moko.

TATS MAN… Tit for tat, tattle, tat-wise, PrIsOn TaT. tat dis’ an’ dat! Tattoo? Yeah. I hate when they say “TATTOO GUN” however that doesn’t mean shit, and it sure as hell won’t matter two days from now.

CAR: Ride, heap, jalopie, wheels, auto, hot rod, street machine, tuner, boat, etcetera etcetera etcetera

TATTOO: ink, skin art, skin pics, tat(s),

is there a rule? no. Just the reasonable assurance that folks get tired of the same old words, and as with tattoos, folks get creative. I may not like your statements or your opinions, but I sure as fuck will kill anyone who tries to take them from you, especially if it is the government.

Woman: chick, lady, piece of ass, nectar, slut, babe, cutie, beotch, mama, etc. etc. etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.