Haarup
    Participant
    @haarup

[lang=da]Hey guys, i was just wondering if a serious blow to a tattoo can damage it? Im not talking cuts, wounds or scrabs but just pure impact. I got both me arms tattooed and over the years i have bumped into all sort of things. Yesterday while taking a shower i was changing the music and when i wanted to step back into the shower i walked right into the edge of a wall with the 90 degree tip of the wall hitting right into my tattoo, making it swell up and hurt pretty bad but no wounds.

I just thinking if the force of the impact can fade the ink when a grown man’s body is put to stop and all that energy is stopped by the tattoo.

Cheers Haarup[/lang]

Panter
    Participant
    @panter

Absolutely no idea. Interesting thought though, bruising is the fracturing of blood capillaries, I guess it’s possible tracers of ink could be dislodged and washed out? Doubt you’d really notice it, but, dunno?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Welcome to the forum!

I think a bruise goes deeper than a tattoo, and as a bruise usually clears up with no scar or remaining marks, I think you’ll be okay. But like Panter said, dunno?

Haarup
    Participant
    @haarup

[lang=da]Thanks Sam 🙂

Hmm so only wounds can hurt a tattoo? Not a hard bump/smack/blow?[/lang]

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

Tattoos are durable.
    My first “technical” tattoo I got was in the third grade. I got stabbed in the thumb with a pencil. Graphite remained in the wound and is still visible today, almost 50 years later.

anonymous
    Participant
    @anonymous

No, a bump isn’t going to affect your tattoo.

Haarup
    Participant
    @haarup

[lang=da]So its safe to say that only wounds and cuts can do damage/alter the tattoo?[/lang]

Haarup
    Participant
    @haarup

bumping 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.