Amok
    Participant
    @amok

I realised recently that I’m self conscious about my tattoos in public. It’s not the tattoos I have though, it’s the ones I don’t. My arms are bare and I feel naked at the pool or beach.

This is weird, anyone else feel the same?

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Amok 137823 wrote:

I realised recently that I’m self conscious about my tattoos in public. It’s not the tattoos I have though, it’s the ones I don’t. My arms are bare and I feel naked at the pool or beach.

You, my friend are not alone! I, however, have used my tattoos to overcome my self consciousness when in public.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Definitely not alone! Tattoos have definitely helped boost my self confidence in some ways though. I’ve had two people recently comment on my skull half sleeve. One older guy tells me “Scary” and the other who was commenting on my less creepier of the two sleeves didn’t care much for it either so that always kind of puts me down but then I realize, WTF, I don’t care!

jerryatrophy
    Participant
    @jerryatrophy

Holy shit dude….I feel you. I WONT wear shorts because I haven’t started on my legs yet. Lmao.
    Sleeves 70% legs 0% doh.

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

I am the opposite. My three newest are on my arms and it’s WINTER here. I can’t wait to be able to wear short sleeves and show these off. Come on tank top season!!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

I hate showing my legs due to the lack of ink! Haha, once when I was in Sicily and just had my back and sleeve done + some minor once on my leg, this old guy looooved my art but was all fuzzy about me not having more on my legs to “balance it out” ;D

I hate winter. When I’m all covered up I feel like screaming “you should see how exciting I’m under these fifteen layers!!” but that’s apparently inappropriate.
    It’s like an important part of my identity isn’t showing :p

Dan
    Participant
    @dan

@Amok 137823 wrote:

I am kinda like that in a different way,I feel funny when I don’t show my tattoos,that’s one reason why I wear short sleeve shirts & shorts 362 days a year. LOL

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Call_me_Lola 137847 wrote:

I am the opposite. My three newest are on my arms and it’s WINTER here. I can’t wait to be able to wear short sleeves and show these off. Come on tank top season!!

I wear tank tops year around regardless of if it’s cold or not. They make coats for a reason!

Call_me_Lola
    Participant
    @call_me_lola

@Mistress_Of_Pain 137887 wrote:

I wear tank tops year around regardless of if it’s cold or not. They make coats for a reason!

Our office at work is so cold that I am wearing an undershirt, long sleeve shirt, and a long alpaca sweater to my knees. It is freezing in here every day of the year. And even with the heat up at home at this time of year I need to wear sleeves, and use a blanket on the couch. And often a hoodie. (Like Seattle, Vancouver has a very damp cold that is hard to escape.)

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

It depends who I’m with and what I’m doing… but the imbalance on my arms does bother me. I like having the option to wear cap sleeves in a professional environment, but it can be annoying.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Call_me_Lola 137888 wrote:

Our office at work is so cold that I am wearing an undershirt, long sleeve shirt, and a long alpaca sweater to my knees. It is freezing in here every day of the year. And even with the heat up at home at this time of year I need to wear sleeves, and use a blanket on the couch. And often a hoodie. (Like Seattle, Vancouver has a very damp cold that is hard to escape.)

Ah i’m in Colorado where our cold isn’t so bad with humidity and all that. In a bad cold snap now though, negatives the last few days but tomorrow we’re supposed to get into the 40s. Like I said, I wear tank tops year around, even to bed sometimes during the winter.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.