Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Sam-I-Am 137487 wrote:

I got a freebee when I worked for Conrail. It was a watch that had a little train run around the dial.

I like Peter’s idea of the watch chain turning into a train.

There’s always a train ticket. These used to be stamped with the date. You could have both his dates stamped.

Going back over the photos you posted I noticed that he had a particular interest in steam railroading. There are many steam engine tattoos out there and I don’t suggest you get one. However there are a few items identified with steam engines. Whistle, Bell, Pressure gauges, long neck oil can, etc.

I’ll keep on it.

Thanks Sam. I’m still thinking about it. I still want some sort of Autumn related thing thrown in there if I go with this type of idea

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

So today I was talking with one of my coworkers. We just lost a very dear friend of ours who used to work with us and his services are this Saturday. She was asking me about whether I got the day off to attend and I told her no, even though I didn’t really ask. Amidst us talking about this she mentioned how they allowed her to have the day off when one of her previous managers had passed away that she worked with at a similar company. I told her of the hell I went through just to be able to go see my uncle in the Hospital on one of his final days. Where I work, we can only call in 3 times in 6 months but if you miss up to 3 consecutive days in a row it only counts as one absence. When the day came that we made a unplanned trip to see him, I had just been “coached” for going over my 3 absences the week before. I called up one of my managers and spoke with him and he basically said it would count against me because it wasn’t “immediate” family and all of this none sense but in the end I ended up calling in anyway and it’s a good thing I did. While explaining what had happened to my coworker, I couldn’t help but get choked up. After our conversation I began thinking of this idea more. I’ve been back and forth on it for a few weeks now but you know, as a friend of mine said, certain people make a bigger impact on your life than others and I know for a fact my uncle did.

So as of right now I do plan to follow through with this idea. It will be good to feel that pain leave me as the needles delve into my skin, even though I had completed my half sleeve after his passing, that session hadn’t seemed to have helped much but I’m hoping with this piece I’ll finally be able to feel some peace, some closure. As I said I’m looking for a not so obvious memorial and I know this is what I need.

Sorry for my rambling and random story above. If you follow my blog you know I love to write and things are easier to understand if explained outright in my opinion.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Now my only decision is placement -_-

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

Placement decided!
    Planning on my left shoulder blade. Now just to figure out a day to do it! So many things going on the next few months. Taking care of it will be a chore considering everything else I have was easily accessible when it came to taking care of it.

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Mistress_Of_Pain 137826 wrote:

Taking care of it will be a chore considering everything else I have was easily accessible when it came to taking care of it.

Don’t laugh. I bought a miniature paint roller for $2.98 at a hardware store. I can apply moisturizer all over very easily.

Mistress_Of_Pain
    Participant
    @mistress_of_pain

@Sam-I-Am 137845 wrote:

Don’t laugh. I bought a miniature paint roller for $2.98 at a hardware store. I can apply moisturizer all over very easily.

My friend used a spatula wrapped in paper towel with lotion on it to get to the one in the center of her back lol whatever works!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.