JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

I’m looking to get a half sleeve done soon and I’m wondering how many sessions roughly would I need to get one so, it goes from the top of my arm to about 4 inches below my elbow, it’s black and white and in a Japanese style

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@JohnstoneAndrew 137081 wrote:

I’m looking to get a half sleeve done soon and I’m wondering how many sessions roughly would I need to get one so, it goes from the top of my arm to about 4 inches below my elbow, it’s black and white and in a Japanese style

Depends on many things from how fast the artist works, to colours or B/G, to how well you can sit for and how well. Too many things for us to answer this properly, speak with your artist 🙂

Mine at the half way stage was around 27 hours but mine has loads of details so I doubt your looking at anything close to that for a Japanese one 🙂

JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

Thanks I’ve got a few consultations booked this week, I’ve got an idea of about 10-15 sessions as it’s not that detailed, it’s quite blank on the inside of the arm it’s mainly around the elbow area where the most detail is, I want to get 3 hours done at a time

Greyhound
    Participant
    @greyhound

If it is below the elbow then it would be a 3/4 sleeve, are you having the inner side of the arm done too, as in a proper sleeve? Both my sleeves were done in about 12 hours. What is the motif?

JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

Sorry yes 3/4 sleeve, there is some artwork done on the inside arm but it Is mainly blank, its all mostly on the outside, and even the design on the outside is a lot of outlining with not much shading.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@JohnstoneAndrew 137084 wrote:

Thanks I’ve got a few consultations booked this week, I’ve got an idea of about 10-15 sessions as it’s not that detailed, it’s quite blank on the inside of the arm it’s mainly around the elbow area where the most detail is, I want to get 3 hours done at a time

Holy shit 15 sessions? lol

A session in my eyes is 6-8 hours!

JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

Hahahaha it’s my first tattoo so I have no idea of how many sessions it would take, I’m just thinking in terms of maximum sessions to be honest I’m hoping that it would be less than that 🙂

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

The most important thing is getting a top notch artist!

Got a link to the artist you have chosen?

Also check out my signature link below on for what top notch artists are doing around the world 🙂

JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

I don’t know any of the artists yet I’ve got some consultations this week so I’ll see what they’re like and decide

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

@JohnstoneAndrew 137091 wrote:

I don’t know any of the artists yet I’ve got some consultations this week so I’ll see what they’re like and decide

As it is your first tread carefully, its easy to be drawn into friends recommendations etc that may look good to them or you but really are not, so its always better to ask here first to check the standards of work.

JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

Yeah I’ve got a few family recommendations that I’ve been told to check out, is there a way I can send you a few photos of the design?

Greyhound
    Participant
    @greyhound

Peter is quite correct. Can you post up any pics in this thread? What exactly is the style you want? Japanese work can vary greatly from strictly traditional to bold an westernised versions.

JohnstoneAndrew
    Participant
    @johnstoneandrew

I can’t post any pictures on this, could you private message me your emails and I’ll send you both few photos

Greyhound
    Participant
    @greyhound

You can send pictures through private message.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

Do you have links to the artists? or the artists names and locations, shops?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.