Tucantastic
    Participant
    @tucantastic

Hi guys,

So long story short:
    I have had my eyes on a few different tattoo artists from my country for quite a while now. And I figured, that if I get around to actually getting something done at one point it would probably be from one of those three. The problem is that I’ve always had a hard time picking one over the other as my favourite. And so I thought that maybe I could sneak out a few second opinions on their respective work from you guys!

Anyways – Here are the contestants!

The first one is Sabine from The Boulevard Tattoo/SocialClub
    (https://www.facebook.com/TheBoulevardTattoo/media_set?set=a.100332960055567.297.100002365890112&type=3 – Colors)
    (https://www.facebook.com/TheBoulevardTattoo/media_set?set=a.459514314137428.1073741826.100002365890112&type=3 – Black and Grey)

The second one is Line Marielle from Iron & Ink – Courtesy of Peterpoose’s Braglist.. 😉
    (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.266562770030918.64672.182814341739095&type=3)

And the last one is Tony from Bright Side Tattoo
    (Bright Side Tattoo)

Aaaaaaaand… Go!

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

They are all good artists.

Usually an artist has a specialty, or favorite style of tattoo that they enjoy doing.

What kind of tattoo do you want?

Tucantastic
    Participant
    @tucantastic

Hmm.. Well I’m considering something with realistic cogwheels of some sort. Not bio-mech, just utilising plain ol’ cogs. Maybe with a bit of spiderweb or a rose or two.

I’m not sure though. One could incorporate it into something bigger I guess, and I did briefly consider what could be done in the genre of steampunk, but then again that seems to me like an idea that’s popular these days, but goes in and out of style on a regular basis, even though it can look pretty awesome. Whereas I’d like this to stand the test of time as well as a tattoo can do just that. 🙂 I don’t know if you can envision something like that, haha.

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

As above, they are all great, depends on what you are having done I guess?

buttwheat
    Participant
    @buttwheat

I would go with Line Marielle or Tony

Sam-I-Am
    Participant
    @sam-i-am

@Tucantastic 135430 wrote:

Hmm.. Well I’m considering something with realistic cogwheels of some sort. Not bio-mech, just utilising plain ol’ cogs. Maybe with a bit of spiderweb or a rose or two. I did briefly consider what could be done in the genre of steampunk,

I spent nearly 10 years as a stationary engineer in a hospital power plant. That and during my railroad experience I’ve seen some pretty fucking awesome machinery.
    I had thought about tattoos along those lines myself. I’m now thinking of a 20,000 leagues under the sea theme to tie all my time warped tattoos together.
    Cog wheels are cool particularly when connected to cable spools and pulleys.

Keep us posted.

Tucantastic
    Participant
    @tucantastic

@Sam-I-Am 135465 wrote:

I spent nearly 10 years as a stationary engineer in a hospital power plant. That and during my railroad experience I’ve seen some pretty fucking awesome machinery.
    I had thought about tattoos along those lines myself. I’m now thinking of a 20,000 leagues under the sea theme to tie all my time warped tattoos together.
    Cog wheels are cool particularly when connected to cable spools and pulleys.

20.000 leagues under the sea definately sounds like an idea with some potential to it. Lots of cool stuff to find in deep sea motifs. 🙂

Haha, my grandpa used to be an engineer aswell.

@Buttwheat
    , I guess you’ve got a point. Tony does some cool stuff, but I can’t decide whether his style would be too quirky for me. :p

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

Denmark, huh?
    Well.. Line Marielle is very talented, but she has only been tattooing for about a year yet, and personally I’d be worried about how it heals. She has yet to see any of her work actually healed for more than a few months, and I personally wouldn’t get realistic work from her.. She’s just been guest spotting in my town, and I know she does beautiful work, but I’d still be skeptical of someone that new, and who’s been declared done with their apprenticeship in a year. But then again, I’m awfully skeptical of all hyper realism and believe most of it is gonna look like shit in max 5 years… :p

As for the other two. Sabines work seems to have some great depth, as well as a lot of variety, which is always good.
    I’d personally go with Tony, I think his work is the most artistic, with good technique, creativity and variety. More my style. But all three are good artists!

Tucantastic
    Participant
    @tucantastic

@poxphobia 135477 wrote:

Denmark, huh?
    Well.. Line Marielle is very talented, but she has only been tattooing for about a year yet, and personally I’d be worried about how it heals. She has yet to see any of her work actually healed for more than a few months, and I personally wouldn’t get realistic work from her.. She’s just been guest spotting in my town, and I know she does beautiful work, but I’d still be skeptical of someone that new, and who’s been declared done with their apprenticeship in a year. But then again, I’m awfully skeptical of all hyper realism and believe most of it is gonna look like shit in max 5 years… :p

As for the other two. Sabines work seems to have some great depth, as well as a lot of variety, which is always good.
    I’d personally go with Tony, I think his work is the most artistic, with good technique, creativity and variety. More my style. But all three are good artists!

Denmark indeed!

Ah, thanks a lot. I hadn’t even considered that about Line. Worth giving it some thought!

poxphobia
    Participant
    @poxphobia

And if you’re gonna go realistic, why not travel to Oslo and get something by Electric Linda? She just started booking for 2014, so shouldn’t be too hard to get an appointment either. And she’s experienced, very creative and freakin mind blowing how talented she is.

Tucantastic
    Participant
    @tucantastic

Wow, she does some nice stuff. Well currently I’m a student, so to put in the time and finances to go to Oslo for a tattoo hadn’t even crossed my mind. I still think I’d end up going with one of the guys from home though. But thanks for the heads up. 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.