ilikemycoffeeblack
    Participant
    @ilikemycoffeeblack

So I am ready for my second tattoo.

I have always loved the tattoo on the Leeloo character from the Fifth Element.

050cornelius.jpg

So I looked up the tattoo parlour in my city with the best reviews on the internet, and I told them that I wanted it to resemble a birthmark or burn/scar. I mentioned I would like to use a color just a darker than my skin color (brown/beige).

The shop told me they couldn’t do this tattoo cuz it would “blob” under the skin. They said I would nee to use black ink.

Is this true? It would “blob” under the skin?

I know the tattoo won’t look anything like the film’s version (I’m sure it was makeup), but I’m pretty sure I could get a tattoo to resemble subtle markings such as this tattoo.

Thanks, in advance, for your help!

peterpoose
    Participant
    @peterpoose

You could easily replicate it in dotwork as for your chosen colour, i dont thing it would last long and fade away.

ilikemycoffeeblack
    Participant
    @ilikemycoffeeblack

interesting. how long do you think it would last

two years?

GrayCatLove
    Participant
    @graycatlove

Try months. The color of your dermis is going to obscure such a light color once it fully heals.

Maybe scarification would work, but they’re such tiny marks, I don’t know if that would work unless the individual marks were larger.

XxTechN9nexX
    Participant
    @xxtechn9nexx

I say go for it…just use a color more than a cpl shades darker than your skin so when it fades it’ll still b visible…just remember the dots closest to the wrist will fade quicker than the rest…and I’d the shop does free touch-ups then do it…what’s the worst that could happen it either fades and u need to touch it up a few times or if it completely goes away which I don’t think it will then u go over it again…and something like that won’t b expensive so you know my opinion now

ArniVidar
    @arnividar

Multipass. Well, I’d think that the size of those dots would definitely put them at risk of bleeding, especially in that area.

Have you considered just getting it as a Henna tattoo? The color would be exactly as you want it, and the constant reapplication would be far easier and cheaper… not to mention the fact that the Henna can’t permanently bleed 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to create new topics.